Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I really want to get this Dreamcast emulation thing working. I emulate PSX just fine with what I have on my laptop, so I have a pretty good idea that it's possible once I get things figured out.

Firstly... Everytime I start the program it says that 93dx9_37.dll is missing but the program runs anyway. Is that a directx9 file that I need? If so, I just recently downloaded directx_mar2009_redist, which should be the the latest update for DX. When I run that program, it asks me where to extract the files... and I have no idea where they need to be for NullDC to use them. So some help with that...

Secondly... I run nullDC_1.0.3_nommu.... should I be running _mmu?

My video card is Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I realize that's not the best video card, but I'm assuming that it will work under the assumption that it's a good enough video card for me to run all my PSX games on PSX emulators.

So I try to I run the game, Skies of Arcadia, and it plays an introductory sound, you know, but the screen is still black. Then it does nothing.

There is a lot of:

>Error in .\dc\mem\sb.cpp......... -> Write to system control regs , not implemented , addr=........

etc, type stuff in the console.

After the initial sound plays and then it cuts off and doesn't do anything else, the console says

SPI: unknown ? [0x71]

and then runs off on some more stuff.

Again... no video ever the whole time. Just black screen.

First thing's first... help me properly install this DX update and see what that does.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't exactly know what your problem is, but let me tell you right away that the Dreamcast is much more advanced than the PS1, in both features and complexity, and that the emulator is not as mature. Also, the fact that your video card is integrated doesn't help either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't know what I think about it being more advanced than the PS1. I mean, I'm not a hardware pro or anything, but I don't know what I think about that. I do realize that the emulator isn't as mature and that's probably a big factor. I remember when PSX emulation was a lot more complicated than it is today.

I don't know where to install my DX update to make it work though. It asks where to extract the files, and... I have no idea where to put them.

oh, and thanks for that thread Anthony. It confirmed my suspicion that that is a DX error, so I'm hoping fixing it will make it work.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the Dreamcast WAS a more advanced unit.

·
Spriggan
443 Posts
I don't know where to install my DX update to make it work though. It asks where to extract the files, and... I have no idea where to put them.
DirectX needs to be uncompressed then installed best pace to put it is C:\DirectX after it finishes extracting go to C:\DirectX and run DXSETUP.exe it should take care of the runtime error :)

As for the problem with underpowered hardware sorry can't help you there :D

·
Standing by...
59 Posts
ePSXe (example)'s minimum system requirements:

* Processor: Pentium 200 MHz
* RAM: 256 MB
* Graphics card: 3D graphics card needed with support for OpenGL or DirectX.

nullDC's minimum system requirements:

* Processor: AMD Athlon XP/64/Turion at 2GHz or Intel Pentium 4 at 2.6GHz or equivalent.
* RAM: 512MB
* Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 4 TI or ATi Radeon 8500.

Yeah, slight difference. Don't assume a system that can emulate a 32 bit console should have no trouble with a 128 bit console. That's just mind numbing idiocy.

As for the problem with the "intro sound and blank screen", you're playing a pirated copy of the game, and you'll see no support in these forums.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
* Processor: Pentium 200 MHz
* RAM: 256 MB
* Graphics card: 3D graphics card needed with support for OpenGL, DirectX or Glide.

*Corrected

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude,

The latest version of NullDC doesn't works fine on your notebook due it's graphic card..
Make sure you've downloaded NullDC version 1.00 beta 1.6! This one works perfectly on your notebook! Probably you'll need to download a directx file, but you can do this just doing a search in Google or Yahoo for example...

The version 1.0.3 only works with "3d analyse" program, wich is freeware.
Download 3d analyse, mark:

"force max pixel shader version 1.1" and
"emulate HW TnL caps"

Select the emulator executable file and click on "Run" button

Hope it helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.