Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yeah. Title says it all.

My rig is the following;

Intel Core Duo E4600 2.40 GHz - this one is clocked to 2.95GHz
XFX GeForce 8600GT 512MB 540Mhz - this is clocked to 700 MHz
4GB DDR2 RAM 800Mhz

So, I've got the 0.9.6 program, lots of plugins, BIOS (of some sort, at least it's compatible with my .ISO). I've done the default config, following the guide off the pcsx2 webpage.

I've tried experimenting with frameskipping, speedhacks and alike. No luck, though.

Still, only running it on MAX 50% (which is about 30 FPS), not stable at all.
I know, for a fact, you should be able to run it smoothly with my rig.

Worth mentioning, is that I havent tried it with my regular LCD. I'm currently hooked up with the flatscreen in the livingroom, via S-VIDEO. As S-Video is analog, and all of the images are digital, could this be causing something?

Pleaes, give a hand if you are able.
Thanks.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
You should be pulling in nearly full speed. When I had my E8400 @3.0GHz (it's default), paired with my old GeForce 8600GTS (no overclock besides the factory one), the game basically ran full speed with just slight slowdowns. Since you have speedhacks enabled (I did not, as this was before 0.9.6 and Playground), you should be seeing at least that, if not more.

Try the basics first. Update video drivers, perhaps try a normal PC monitor (has nothing to do with analog vs digital, and I don't think the bandwidth of S-Video is that low [although the quality is]), try using the native resolution, disable all speed hacks and see what it does, etc.

You say it's not stable? Ids that just saying it's slow, or actually buggy? If it's buggy, that is what speed hacks do. It intentionally breaks the normal operation of the emulation by speeding some internal things up. Some games usually like it, but in some cases, it can break them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree with your first paragraph; I should definately be pulling it off at full speed.

My vidoe drivers are up to date, NVIDIA driver from June 09, newest runtime DirectX and everything. CPU-driver up to date aswell. I'm hooking it up with the original monitor later today.

As for the S-Video-cable, its worth noticing S-Video is limited to 30 FPS; which is accidentally the same FPS the game drops down to and stays at... at least lately.

Its not stable, in this way: startup = 100%. Menu = 100%. FMV = 40%. Ingame= 28%

I'm gonna go completely default when I hook it up with the monitor, ofc with native.

And yeah, its just really slow.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
check that your overclocks are ok.

seriously, overclocking too high can decrease performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.