Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm very inexperienced with using emulators, and I just want to play Final Fantasy 7 again. I have the game, but my disc 1 doesn't work anymore. If someone could tell me which version of ePSXe to download, as well as all the plug-ins I need and everything, that would be a really great help. From what I gather, I need an older version of ePSXe because with 1.70 you're unable to switch discs. I believe I also need a disc image of the game, which I have no idea where to find.

Thanks,
Spencer

· Banned
35,081 Posts
1.70 switches disks fine
switching ISO has limited support due to a regression.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
PC Rom drives tend to have better disk pickup then the PSX itself does, the psx disk may still work in the computer.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
or depending on how bad your disc is, you may be able to get it repaired so the pc and maybe even a psx, can read it ok again. but if you choose to do this yourself you should be careful, you can get powered or a manual kit that will do the work for you.

but be warned, do it wrong and you could either make the reading worse or completely destroy the disc, but before even thinking about it, i would check if the label side of your discs have any damage as if they do, nothing you try will be able to repair it, good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.