Next Generation Emulation banner

I want to enjoy my playstation and online games in dolby digial sound but how ?

621 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  MagicDust 
#1 ·
I've got analog 5.1 spakers and x-fi extreme gamer card
I learnt that in order to use DDL I need either reciver or digial speakers,buying new speakers is out of choice so I'm going to a buy reciver.

Here's the question if I'm going to buy a reciver that support Dolby Pro Logic II will sound output turn any stereo sound like PS1 or online game that doesnt support Dolby got dolby sound ?

According to dolby site
Dolby® Pro Logic® II technology processes any high quality stereo (two-channel) movie and music audio into five playback channels of full-bandwidth surround sound. A matrix surround decoding technology, Dolby Pro Logic II detects the directional cues that occur naturally in stereo content and uses these elements to create a five-channel surround sound playback experience. It's ideally suited for home theater systems, PCs, game consoles, and multichannel in-car audio systems (as Dolby Pro Logic II Surround).

If you think I should get a reciver ? which one I should get thx. :)

#2 ·
enablng CMSS in your Xfi's sound control panel will provide virtual surround, which is basically what you'll get from a DPLII reciever for standard stereo signals.

#4 ·
not unless the game you are playing actually outputs the DPLII signal.

#5 ·
not unless the game you are playing actually outputs the DPLII signal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.