Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna to buy a 3d card, and i think Asus Geforce2 7700 is a good chioce, what do ya think???

Is it a good card? How is the performance compare to riva tnt2 untra and Geforce 1???

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
check out www.anandtech.com and look for reviews of graphics cards... Some cards have poor image quality even though they are all geforces... I find that anandtech test and review video cards pretty good.. They test it on speed as well a image quality..
They just recently did a roundup of Geforce3 cards(5 G3 cards) comparing their speeds as well as their image quality..

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have the asus v7700 and what i can say is , i'm really satisfied with it
with nvidia's detonator 12.90 , this baby hasn't give me any problem whatsoever
if there is,then it's because the game is buggy ,not because of the card
if u want to compare it to tnt2 and gf1 ,then the card will really shine
don't know when compared to other gf2 card...anyone?

S

·
0 Posts
I have the Elsa Gladiac GEForce 2 GTS card and I wouldn't part w/it for anything. I got it when it first came out and I have had absolutely no problems w/it at all. I'm using the 1410 Detonator Drivers w/DX 8.1 and the card shines.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I was thinking of buying an Asus V7700.........G-force GTS.I have heared that the Asus cards are even better the Elsa and creative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best GeForce 2 Card

The best GeForce 2 GTS Ultra card to get is the 3D Prophet II by Hercules. They have the chipset at it's maximum performance, and you can still overclock it's power and get more juice! It's around $480, though. :smile:

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
How much did it costed nightmare

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Man the prices on this site are not accurate.They say that Asus V7700 is about 70 dollars but when I asked the price in the market it was about 142$.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Do you mean that pricewatch said you could get it for $70 at a site and when you went to that site it said it was really $142?
This is normal. Alot of websites offer discounted prices on pricewatch.com
Although that is a huge difference. I'll go check it out.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
yea

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Nope, I didn't see what you were thinking of. I typed 'Asus 7700' into the search and got $130 as the cheapest (thats with 32Mb). If you look on the main pricewatch page there are different categories you can go to. If you click 'video cards' in the 'multimedia' column you can find the cheapest 32Mb GF2 GTS is $99 made by a generic 'house brand'.

How did you find $70? Maybe you looked at GF2mx instead.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I Guess.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts