Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to recharge it last night via USB, and it refused to charge 2 different batteries. This morning I tried the AC Adapter and it seems to be charging.

Granted there's little use with the USB, except moving files from the computer to the PSP, but I'm trying to decide if I should pay Sony to repair the PSP, if I should just buy another PSP, and if so, if I should get a used or new one.

I'm not in a hurry on whatever I do as the PSP plays games, and its not a priority.

No, I don't want a Vita. I have over 30 UMD games that I still enjoy playing.

:evil:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,628 Posts
I think this depends most on what sort of PSP you have have and what sort you could get now. For instance you don't want to be going from a hackable (for homebrew of course) to a PSP Go or other sort of lame derivative.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a PSP 3000 and I'd be willing to get either a PSP 2000 or PSP 3000.

I've seen a nice red one on Gamestop for $79.99, and I could pro'lly get a nice 2 yr warranty cheap.

My PSP isn't modded and I haven't had an interest to mod one.

I won't buy a PSP Go (away) as I have too many PSP UMD games/movies.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the battery to recharge via the AC adapter, but I don't know if the charge will hold.

I played it about 1 1/2 hours tonight and I'll see if it has any charge tomorrow morning.

I shut it off and it listed having ~ 4 hours of charge left.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,628 Posts
Oh? That's pretty cool. I thought it was still limited to older models.

·
Administrator
15,416 Posts
it all depends on what official fw you are on like for psp go if you are on 6.20 you can install a full cfw that isn't temporary. Other than that just go to 6.60 to the pro cfw and you just run something each time to go into CFW mode.

same for the vita you just need to buy 'certain' game from PSN and use a save exploit to run a ecfw for psp games and psp homebrew

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,628 Posts
Yeah RAP revealed what that certain game was in another thread here a few days ago.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I accidentally drained the battery again. I had it hooked up via USB, and it wasn't recharging the battery when hooked up. I put the 'other' (used) battery in and it was drained too, but I'll recharge it.

I guess I'll buy another battery next month, but at this point my PSPs USB port must be damaged. I'll have to see if I either want to have it repaired, use it as is, or buy another PSP, and if so, whether I get a used or new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.