Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumb: yes! i've been off line for quite some time, i was reviewing for my exam and i did it!i passed! now short of registration and oath taking, i am now an Engineer. ECE, its electronics and communications engr., but the new law will make us ECE's be called electronics engr., but its ok as long as im one. that reminds me, i have a pending arcade challenge, dated oct 3. long time huh. just wanted to let u guys know, im not braggin or anythin, just happy :yippee:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
So what exam did you actually pass? Is it one offered by your university or some kind of accrediting association? I'd kinda like to know since I'm studying to become a software engineer at the moment.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Congrats! :thumb:

Can't wait in less than four years to write my own board exam: The certification exam issued by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons... shudder.

Hopefully, I won't kill anybody by then. :innocent:

·
Registered
391 Posts
netghost2.0 said:
Congrats! :thumb:

Can't wait in less than four years to write my own board exam: The certification exam issued by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons... shudder.

Hopefully, I won't kill anybody by then. :innocent:
In about 5 to 6 years I'll be taking USMLE Step I...definitely not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Proto said:
.... by then? :p
Well, technically, I won't be hitting the wards until next year, so patients will be safe for now... bwahahahahaha! :evil:

Mr. Smith said:
In about 5 to 6 years I'll be taking USMLE Step I...definitely not looking forward to that.
You'll first have to write that lovely monstrosity known as the MCAT first. 5-6 hours of pure examination goodness (unless, of course, you entered into a university where they take you in directly like the 8 year program at Brown)! :eyemove: Then four years of hell to earn a lousy prefix besides your last name. On the plus/negative side, I'm turning into a raging alcoholic... :beer:

Back on topic, what Cons did was pretty awe-inspiring... engineers are slaved to death in their 4-6 years of studies. 36-42 credit hours per year? I would have died in my undergrad if that were the case...

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
bah.... studying medicine in the US is no busniess at all... to expensive for my likes.... the best thing to do is to study in Colombia, cheap universities and a good education ;)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
congrats Cons! damn... I like engineering but end up in design... good for you... :thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, sorry for my late reply. anyway, for the question above. i took the exam given to all engineering grad here in our country. its given by the PRC,professional regulations commision. the same body that give exams to all professionals here,such as doctors, lawyers,teachers,etc. to be honest,i got delayed,because it was difficult in our school,and i was lazy,hehe. but since its one of the top schools in the Phils,its worth it. thanks again guys
let us know when you guys take your exams

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Good job! So, you have a career lined up yet? Or are you going to continue your education?

I graduated from my college about two years ago - top of my class (literally). Came out as a Computer Engineer and got a job with a starting salary of $42k/year with two raises guaranteed over two years (I will be at $50k by February). Benefits are good, job security second to none, and a retirement package that will make me a multi-millionaire when I'm ready to leave at about 50. The catch? It's a frelling management position with no hope of ever doing development work! All my development work and creative design pretty much has to be done in my spare time... though I suppose I certainly have enough capital to make it happen.

Anyways, congrats! Be careful with the job you take, don't end up like me!

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
> Thanks guys, sorry for my late reply. anyway, for the question above. i took the exam given to all engineering grad here in our country. its given by the PRC,professional regulations commision. the same body that give exams to all professionals here,such as doctors, lawyers,teachers,etc. to be honest,i got delayed,because it was difficult in our school,and i was lazy,hehe. but since its one of the top schools in the Phils,its worth it. thanks again guys
let us know when you guys take your exams

hoy cons!, saan ka grad? MAPUA? UP? UST o La Salle?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saint Louis University, Bguio.
Hey KellerShot, where are you from. maybe yo can give me a job,hehe. i sent a couple of applications online.im still kinda enjoying being free from school. but i want to learn java. most companies are looking for ECE who knows java. uh kilelrshot, any suggestions on what road i should take. is java a good choice?

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Java's not a bad choice if you want to pursue a job in software. If embedded systems are your thing, you'll want to stick with the C series (C/C++/C#) and assembly.

Personally, I'd try and get my foot in the door of one of the large corporations (Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.). If development's not your thing (It probably is though if you actually want to take a programming language - good call!), there's also a ton of high-paying government jobs.

Good luck

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actually, when i was still in college, i really wanted to learn C. but around 2 or 3 companies(japanies) went to our school looking for those who know java(and c++ i think). i dont really know where they will use those ppl. as engrs, we are more inclined with hardwares.
but yes i love programming ever since i first learned about comp.im actually kinda good.i love the challenge,the prob is, we dont study C and java coz as ive said,we are in hardwares.we do incorporate PC in controlling HW. anyway,thanks for the tip killershots

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
ah SLU.... dati may mga kakilala me dun eh...

well good luck opn your job hunting cons! are trying to find one in Bagiuo or in Manila or even abroad?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts