Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the problem.I've been playing MVC2 on Chankast for a while, and it's been working great so far, but then one day all of a sudden, It won't load the game. It keeps loading the CD as if it were a music CD. I tried changing the drivers, but that didn't work. Then one person told me to change my dc_flash.bin file, but the only thing that did was make the once blue music CD that came up turn into a red CD. Can anyone out there please, PLEASE help me!? I'm running out of paths to take!!!

Please! Someone out there help me!!!

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
You should of really waited 24 hours before bumping you're thread, constant bumping and cross posting are highly frowned upon on many forums..

Why are you using Chankast, when there is much better Dreamcast emulators available such as NullDC, Makeron, and Demul?

Chankst hasn't had active development in about four years and contains a lot of unresolved issues/bugs, and crashes. These are all problem that chankast experiences, that have been fixed and aren't present on other Dreamcast emulators.

As for your problem, it could be any number of things, but it is likely that your bios and/or flash file is corrupted..

Try replacing these files, and then set the dc_bios.bin file to "read only" attribute in the Windows file properties..

Don't mess with changing the date as that's known to corrupt the dc_flash.bin file in Chankast..

Usually the problem you are having is related to the game image not being self-bootable, and thus will show up as a music cd. Since you said you were playing this game before just fine, it seems your image is self-bootable. So I am taking a guess it's your bios and flash files causing a problem..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, it's just that this has been stressing me out for a couple of months already, and I've just about had enough. I'm using Chankast because it seemed the most likely to accept usage of my USB Game controller. The thing is, I've done what you've told me, and I've even replaced the flash file and made the bios file "Read only" like you asked, but yet that proves no change at all, so as you can see, I'm running out of paths to take for this problem. Can you provide another solution?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So... this is it then? There's absolutely no solution to my problem, and I have to stay live with this problem?

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
Nope, there is a solution :p

Ok, so here's the problem.I've been playing MVC2 on Chankast for a while, and it's been working great so far, but then one day all of a sudden, It won't load the game. It keeps loading the CD as if it were a music CD. I tried changing the drivers, but that didn't work. Then one person told me to change my dc_flash.bin file
Change both BIOS files and set their attribute to read only so the emu will not get access to'em and thus prevent such a thing from happening again :p

but the only thing that did was make the once blue music CD that came up turn into a red CD. Can anyone out there please, PLEASE help me!? I'm running out of paths to take!!!
Piracy is not supported you know :p
You're doomed :evil:

·
Registered
563 Posts
it happened to me once, just get the bios again and protect it somewhere

also maybe it is a problem with daemon tools, drive emulation, imgeno no selfbooting, etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts