Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after some time of trying, I managed to get the NO$GBA to work (Thanks for all the guys that helped me, mainly the guy that his location is South Africa, sorry I forgot the name)

But now I come up with a question. I am able to load a ROM (.nds), but am I able to load a SAV from that save ROM (.nds.sav)?

Thanks.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I am not quite sure of what you are asking.

The only way you can save is saving as you would do on an actual DS, so making a regular ingame save. That file is then what will be loaded every time you load the game (with the correct savetype). If you want to load another save (like say you are playing the game on your DS at the same time, or you want to load a friend's savegame or something like that) then you will have to make sure it's a RAW save (for instance a special flash cart save like the R4 has will not work without first being converted or something like that (not too sure on the details)) and then you will have to place the save in the battery folder inside the no$gba directory and rename it ot exactly what the name of the DS game file is (so if you have PokemonPearl.nds then you have to name your savefile PokemonPearl.sav when you place it in the battery folder).

Also as a tip before you start playing rename all your games so that there are no special characters in the name, or any spaces or pretty much anything, just letters, this is because occasionaly a special character may cause problems when saving, as in the game does not get saved correctly.

I also suggest you check out questions 8 to 10 in my FAQ, perhaps the answers there will clarify things a little more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I convert it?

If a flashcart as R4 and so is needed, then I have one.

And yes, somehow I meant that I want to play from where I am in my DS version. Supposing I am against the E4 I want to begin there.

I have another question, too..

I read in your FAQ that the only legal way to obtain the firmware and bios is by dumping the data in your DS. My question is, how do I dump it?

Well,thanks again, schumi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.I was recommended to it in other site too xD.

Ok. Just another question, do I convert to an Acekard RPG RAW .sav format or to a NO$GBA .sav format?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. and once I converted it, would I be able use that .sav as a ROM so I don't have to begin the game all over again?

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
You don't use the .sav file as a rom... You have to change the name to match the file name of your game. Then move/copy the .sav to your no$gba battery folder and run the game (and again, not the .sav file).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My ROM and my SAV are named the same.

Pokemon Diamond US.nds - ROM
Pokemon Diamond US.nds.sav

I did what you told me and I begin the game all over again.
Do I only have to move the ROM or both?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
:lol:

Rename "Pokemon Diamond US.nds.sav" to "Pokemon Diamond US.sav" (without the quotes.)

Put that file into your battery folder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only that one? Or both?

And just in case
Ok see here's the process I've done until now. (Please correct me in case of any mistake)
Once I got it working.
I got my ROM and SAV off from my M3 so I converted my M3 SAV to a RAW format SAV (Do I have to convert it to NO$GBA sav?)
Then I ran the ROM through the emu and said it couldn't be read, so I changed the NDS backup media to : EEPROM 64Bytes
Then I clicked on Save Setup and the .ini folder appeared, so I changed compressed for RAW.
I put the .nds and the .nds.sav (which even if changed to .sav isn't working) and ran it.
I had to begin all over again.
If this matters, I will begin again, save, and reset the game.

So any mistakes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, I'm an idiot. I was using the incorrect savetype.

I appreciate way too much for helping me. :)

Thanks again and quite a lot. ^_^

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Only that one? Or both?
It doesn't matter where you put your game as long as your .sav is in the Battery folder.

I got my ROM and SAV off from my M3 so I converted my M3 SAV to a RAW format SAV (Do I have to convert it to NO$GBA sav?)
Yes... (I thought I already answer this question already on my previous post) >_>

Then I ran the ROM through the emu and said it couldn't be read, so I changed the NDS backup media to : EEPROM 64Bytes
Then I clicked on Save Setup and the .ini folder appeared, so I changed compressed for RAW.
I don't understand why did you change the compressed to Raw, since you are trying to continue your save in no$gba. Anyways, that is the wrong save type for that game. It's suppose to be Flash 512Kb. Please reread #7 from the FAQ thread that I provided in my previous post. Also, after you change the save type and saved your setting, you have to either reload the game or restart the emu (ie. close the emu and run the emu again).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's fixed already. My head get messed up sometimes. Sorry about "re-asking"(If this world really exists).

Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts