Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just downloaded the epsxe 160 and i got the pete opengl2.8 i've done my best to configure all my plugins i have windows xp he. i put a final fantasy 8 disc in and hit run cd rom from the file menu and all i get is a black screen with a popup in the center that says no pixel format available i've tried to set the video settings over and over will someone please help me to get my things right so i can play my game please...... i just checked and it's not just ff8 same thing on ff9 so i'm gonna assume it's all games if anyone has any clue what to do i'd appreciate it i i have an emachines 519 mhz pentium 4 with 140gb of space and 512 mb of sdram hope someone can help (and i hope i read the front of the cpu right :p lol)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I think you should try OGL 1.8 instead of 2.8

What kind of graphics chip do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 w/DirectX 9 support
Up to 224MB shared video memory got this off of the emachines website hope it's the right thing

finally found somewhere on the forum that shows how to find the graphics chip so here it is intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL express chipset family also an update i d/l ogl1.76 and i managed to get the squaresoft logo once then something happened (not sure what) and now all i can do is get a black screen i've tried to find the right config but none have worked so far every time i click a link to kane's website it takes me to some other page so if anyone has a more recent link to his site i might find the correct config there

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.