Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on good plugins to use. many games such as ff9 and gt2 dont work well. my specs:
athlon 700tb
128m ram
ati rage fury pro 32m
sb live value
52x cd

please help me. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I suggest you try petes' d3d pluggin for your ati rage card, and click on the "fast" settings button.... Then configure up from there..... AS for the other pluggins, you will have to do a little testing for those as those pluggins seems to work good on some computers and not on others..... I personally use the epsxe 1.4 interal cd pluggin, internal spu pluggin......... for granT2 you have to enable accurate cd rom timing

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
use Pete's OpenGL and Pete's CDR plugin

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well if u want some speed then there is some BIOS stuff U will have to do........Try to overclock your CPU from the system BIOS......and set the aperture size to max if U can........this would give u additional 8 to 9 fps in all games......................!

Then secondly I would rather suggest U to use Cacheman for providing enough system resourses to epsxe...........;)

Then use the open GL plugin because these are faster as compared to the Direct3D plugins............:)

For faster opengl performance.........go to advanced display properties and there make the following settings

Vertical sync=off by Default
Buffer flipping mode=Use block transfer

These settings would give U additional 10fps in all psx games,while using the opengl plugin......................:)

Then for the rest of plugins I would rather suggest using some Direct Sound plugin......such as Nulls......or petes latest Version....!

For CD rom plugin use.....petes CDRplugin.......the bestone around.....!

your system specs are quite close to mine........except that I have a Pentium III,500Mhz Processor...........!
I am getting 60fps in all ntsc games and 50fps all pal games.......so you would definitly get more fps then me.......!

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your specs are a lot like mine, so I will give you my Configuration.

Use ISOs/bin format

Use the 1001 BIOS

Video-

Pete's D3D driver 1.50

Fullscreen Mode- 640x480
Color Depth- 16 bit
texture quality-R4 G4 B4 A4 Filtering- none
Caching type- none
Use Frame Skipping- Yes
Auto detect FPS- Yes
Offscreen Drawing- Standard
Advanced Blending- Hardware
Framebuffer Textures- GFX( if you want special effects) Emulated VRAM works fine too
Speed up with mdecs- Yes
Color Dithering- Yes
Special Game Fixes- G4 polygon cache

Sond-

Null2's audio driver 1.24 (Be sure to use one of the earlier versions)

Attributes- 48000Hz, 16Bit
buffer length- 50
block- 6
Interval 8ms
Reverse L/R- Yes
force VAG 48kHz- Yes
enable VAG stream- Yes

That should make the game just about perfect. The only problem
that I have is that sometimes, the battles are a little too fast.
100-125 FPS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts