Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... this may not be the right place to ask for this, but you guys seem to really know a lot about GBA's and Action Replay, so I thought I would take a shot...

Anyway, I just got Pokemon Leaf Green... my Action Replay for GBA doesn't recognise the game (understandable). I have found some codes on the internet made for AR V.3 that say they won't work with other versions. In my options screen on my AR it says I have version 5.4

So.... I am confused. Are the AR's not backward compatible? It seems like the game codes for Leaf Green should be the same... what am I missing? Is there a way to use those codes?

Second Question: When adding a new game, why won't my AR recognise when I turn it on? I added the game to the menu (i.e. I can scroll down to it after hitting select), but when I first turn the GBA on it always says unrecognised game and makes me select it. Is there a way to make my AR recognise the Leaf Green cartridge? Or did I just do something wrong?

Third Question: Do the codes have to be input in any certain order? (i.e. do I have to have the master code listed as the first one, or will it work fine if it is checked, but second on the list?)

Fourth Question: Can you break codes into parts? (i.e. the first 6 lines of all the codes to catch pokemon are identical... only the last 2 are different. Can I make one code called "constant part" and then add other codes with just the last 2 lines (as long as I check both boxes)???)

Fifth Question: Can you copy one code to another for faster editing? (assuming the answer to the fourth question is no, I would like to be able to load in the first 6 lines and then just have to type in the last 2 for each new pokemon)

Anyhow... thanks for putting up with an AR newbie. I know this is a lot of questions, but I am just getting started with this and the little instruction book that came with my AR doesn't go into much depth concerning how to work it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
The 5.4 is a different thing than the v3. There is only v1, v2, and v3 as far as that is concerned. V1/2 are compatible with each other, but v3 uses a different system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:bow: HELP!!!

I have FireRed and i have put in several codes every time i try to use them in my game nothing shows up.
I would like to know where on line i can find a Instuructions for my action replay V 3.2 oO :???:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts