Next Generation Emulation banner

I need a save dile for Zelda OoT

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Kornondakob024 
#1 ·
I need a save file for zelda right after the water temple. I feel like such an idiot cause ive been using the f5 and f7 features of pj64 to save and load my game. And wouldnt u kno it, i put all that time into my game just to press f5 at the start screen instead of f7. If anyone has one or knows of where i can find one it would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Sorry to kick you when you're down, but as F-3582 said, why didn't you use regular saves? Sure, I also use the savestates more than the regular saves too - not even to "cheat", just cause they're quicker and easier - but I'm always totally scared that something like what you just said happened will happen to me. I guess you'll have redundant saves in the future too... too bad you had to learn the hard way.

I'd help ya out if I could, but the only save I have is with all the temples already finished... sorry dude.

#5 ·
ugh...that sux. mebe try pm'ing cooliscool to see if he has it (dunno if he saw this thread)

#6 ·
hmmm, browsing through my save states of moments I like to return to. I have a save at the area where you fight your shadow self. Not through the temple all the way, but close enough? Don't have all the items you can possibly get by that point in the game with this save...but you know where to get em if you need em. Otherwise I can give you a save at the start of Shadow Temple with nearly everything, only a missing bottle - got the big sword and the bombs that go up walls and what not. Extra armor etc...

Anyway here's the save at the shadow link fight. Now that I think of it, I think I did have the Biggoron's sword at this point too...don't really recall. Oh yeah, it's a Project 64 save...hope thats what you use (or something that can import it).

And don't complain about the lack of having all possible heart containers, its the only time I played it emulated and I didn't really care about getting them all :dance:

Zelda-SelfBattle save

0.1 mb too large to upload within ngemu's servers >_< I tried to compress it more but thats as low as I could get it.

#10 ·
F-3582 said:
Aren't those SRAM files almost the same for all versions (I tried it with various SNES titles...)? Why don't you post the SRAM file instead?
Because he wants a save at a specific point. If I post my SRAM he'll be at the shadow temple and have missed the well and little tid bits of story up to that point from the water temple. Though I guess I could just 'save' my game after I load the file up. But then he'd be at the start of the water temple instead.

#11 ·
Lobo said:
Because he wants a save at a specific point. If I post my SRAM he'll be at the shadow temple and have missed the well and little tid bits of story up to that point from the water temple. Though I guess I could just 'save' my game after I load the file up. But then he'd be at the start of the water temple instead.
I'm talking about your save state, of course. What's the difficulty in loading it, pressing "START", pressing "B" and selecting "Yes"? The resulting native SRAM should work pretty well, I guess.

#12 ·
F-3582 said:
I'm talking about your save state, of course. What's the difficulty in loading it, pressing "START", pressing "B" and selecting "Yes"? The resulting native SRAM should work pretty well, I guess.
I know. But he would have to go through the Water Temple instead of being near the end of it. If he doesn't mind sure I'll do it, but I thought he wanted a save after the water temple, that save state is the closest possible that I have.

#18 ·
Kornondakob024 said:
hey thx. how do i load it
Extract it to your SRAM directory (save directory). And make sure that it has the same name as your Zelda OOT rom. Then when you start hte game it should automatically use the SRAM, and you'll just have to select the game save like you normally would through the game. The name of the character is my RL name Ahrel, you should see that in the name list (first one, nothing on the other two game files).

If I knew a way to change the name I would, but I don't so you're stuck with my name :p. At least it's a different name instead of something like John, so you can imagine that it's a mythical name :p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.