Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PeoPs soft has been working great for all my 2D games, but on one game it acts rather strange. first my computer gets real loud (a sound like the fan blowing loudly, but idk what it is) and there's horrible slowdown as soon as the game opens.

if i start it with OpenGL or D3D, the game plays fine, but this sucks for 2D games. I was wondering if anyone knows of a 2D plugin that would be a good substitute for PeoPs, and wouldn't cause this problem.

didn't post this in 'problems w/ games' because the game in question is extremely obscure, but just in case some1 else has this it's 'Godzilla trading battle'

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
Did you try P.E.Op.S at 16bit color depht ? It's really faster (see 1rst attached pic).

I would suggest using Pete's OGL2 plugin, yup (see 2nd pic for config and 3rd for results, zoom the picture a lot to get an idea though, because it's stretched while ingame).

Other than that I remember E}I{'s Soft plugin being very fast but less compatible compared to P.E.Op.S...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the pics and detailed settings, but none of it really worked for me :(

i've always used peops at 16 bit with lightning fast results on all my games, its just this one that it acts screwy on for some reason. and OGL2 doesn't work for me, i get similar effects, the game is slow or 'skips' and i just can't play it. seems like OGL2 is too much for my computer, it isn't old or anything but its a crappy PC-in-a-box (think that's the term)

i appreciate the response, if ya have any other suggestions i'm all ears. in the mean time i'll see if i can find some other 2D plugins to work. if not i'll just have to stick with D3D or OpenGL

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
You should clean your computer's fans. That should be the cause of the noise in your computer, and then... overheating.

Anyway, you could try pSX emulator, wich has software rendering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts