Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
The lastest one looks like it could be fun to play, wish i had a chance to play the earlier ones though.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Star Ocean 1 is available on the Snes, an almost 100% translation was released at the beginning of this year... truthfully I've played the game then and it didn't attract me much... I've started from 0 a couple of weeks ago and I'm slowly getting into it, the skill system is quite interesting...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Why not? You obviously have a PC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kane, unless you're telling me to play SNES version of star ocean(which I have already completed it), my com do not have good specs to emulate PS games

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Star Ocean 1 is available on the Snes, an almost 100% translation was released at the beginning of this year... truthfully I've played the game then and it didn't attract me much... I've started from 0 a couple of weeks ago and I'm slowly getting into it, the skill system is quite interesting...
Star Ocean is easily the worst of the series.

As for SO 2....you can play that on the PS2, you know. It's called backwards compatibility. :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>kane, unless you're telling me to play SNES version of star ocean(which I have already completed it), my com do not have good specs to emulate PS games

What? You mean your PC isn't even a 500MHz machine wich a Voodoo 2 equivalent 3d card?

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
just find and play SO2 on your PS2, it works you know ;). And while you can call SO1 the worst of the series, it still sounds bad for the game, since it's still a pretty good game.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I love the new star ocean....I'm already 31 hours into the game, and almost to the end of disc 1.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Nel said:
Star Ocean is easily the worst of the series.
Well the game per se isn't bad it's just that the flow of the plot is kind of slow... I got into the Tale games much quicker than I did with SO. I'm trying to find SO2 for a relatively low price but to no avail... new at Ebay the game is worth 80+ USD...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Well the game per se isn't bad it's just that the flow of the plot is kind of slow... I got into the Tale games much quicker than I did with SO. I'm trying to find SO2 for a relatively low price but to no avail... new at Ebay the game is worth 80+ USD...
i don't know, it's pretty annoying when you run back and forth so much. Run to this town, run back to that town, travel space and time, go back to this town, go all the way to some other town, then return back to the first town, and then go all the way back to that other town. That's the first portion of the game. I'm not exagerating, either, i just left out town names because i either forgot some, or it might spoil something. I don't know if you would classify that as a slow plot, or just annoying gameplay.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Hahahaha... I'm gonna get 'em all, I have SO, and Second Story and I'm gonna buy the third one too, only problem is to wait for next month for the game to come here... They're the best(after FFVII of course)...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
l3illyl3ob said:
(...) I don't know if you would classify that as a slow plot, or just annoying gameplay.
Both actually. Though at least you have the chance to start developing a skill to avoid insane numbers of battles pretty much after the game starts... otherwise the countless transitions would become a real pain in the rear... not that they aren't but...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kane-Sama said:
>kane, unless you're telling me to play SNES version of star ocean(which I have already completed it), my com do not have good specs to emulate PS games

What? You mean your PC isn't even a 500MHz machine wich a Voodoo 2 equivalent 3d card?
mmm...
433mhz
savage 2 graphic card..

tried emulating games like FFVI, fricking laggy

yea, and I don't have PS1 memory card(please don't tell me to buy, it's $15 here)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't forget the the Item Creation part of the game, it will sucks hours from the rest of the game just to get uber gear to beat the optional bosses.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts