Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm realy surpised by what hapened to my PC. Let me explain....

I'm working since many months on W2K with no problems and using for emu ePSXe or AdriPSX (depend on game). And yesterday I was surprised when running ePSXe to discover that it crashes because he found no hardware acceleration. ?????????

I used DirectX diags and effectively no more Directdraw acceleration, no more Direct3d and no more AGP acceleration but I'm still in 1024*768*32

I re-installed the video drivers, the directX and the ATI board with the same effect.

Can I laugh ? or cry ?

I consider myself as an senior in harware pbs but this one make me.....

My config is :
PIII 733 Mhz
Win2K
ATI Rage 128 Pro
DirectX 8

Again as I said until yesterday I was playing DinoCrisis on ePSXe 1.2.0

Does anyone has idea.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Actually I faced the same problem on Window98 first Edition.....So what I did was that I formatted my computer (Night Mare) and then reinstalled every thing........well do what he uncleclive says

Ali
M.L.A

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Guys,

Thank for your reply but I'm not so idiot.

Sure I removed the drivers from hardware devices, rebooting in VGA compatible mode and so.
Before to re-format a disk we need to understand what hapened to this machine to ensure that if we need to re-install, the same problem will not came again. and don't say me "It's Microsoft".
More, I have tons of softwares and databases that I don't want to re-install because of time.

In fact I think it's a Registry problem but where?
Someone knows where are these keys?

S

·
0 Posts
To get to the registry Keys, go to run on your start menu and then type regedit. This will take you right to the registry, where you can do what you must do. Be careful, one slip and you'll wind up reinstalling you whole OS wether or not you want to. Good luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Huummm.... I think some file required for D3D to work got corrupted... here's a couple thing you may want to try:

1) Go to the command prompt, and type:

sfc /purgecache

This will force Win2K to check all required system fires (including DirectX) for integrity, and replace any he finds bad with the originals from the CD.

2) Try (re-)installing Service Pack 2. I don't think that'll solve the problem, but it might be worth a try.

[]s Badaro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts