Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. are there any ps2 emulators out yet?
2. do you need a dvd reading drive to read game cds?

S

·
0 Posts
No, there are not any PS2 emulators out yet and there probably won't be for quite some time. When you ask if you need a DVD drive to read game CDs, no you do not. A CD Rom drive will work fine unless you're trying to read Dream Cast discs which are GDs and hold more information than CDs do. But there are no working Dream Cast emulators out either, so you don't have to worry about GDs.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Well, there are no working dreamcast emulators, n64 emus don't work fine(none of them), so I think PS2 emus will have to wait a LONG time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well, there are some dreamcast emulators out there.. sure they can t run games yet but I think it s worth waiting for improvements.
and sorry, but I ve a bunch of n64 emulators which work smoothly in mind.

UltraHLE, Project64, the new-coming nemu 0.8, daedalus, and a lot more.

Besides U need a high-end computer to run some of these.( particularly pj64)

Bye

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
well, there are some dreamcast emulators out there.. sure they can t run games yet but I think it s worth waiting for improvements.
and sorry, but I ve a bunch of n64 emulators which work smoothly in mind.

UltraHLE, Project64, the new-coming nemu 0.8, daedalus, and a lot more.

Bye
Yes Project64 rox !!
Plays most of the more popular games perfectlly.
Im really enjoying Zelda64 at the moment it plays so well on my computer,looks and plays really great...
JAZ

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
I know, I have a slow computer, so the only n64 emu that works in my computer are UltraHLE, Corn and TRwin, all of them discontinued(don't know abut trwin). None of them have good compat, so I can't play the games I want.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hehe looks like this has gone way off topic :p
Anyway as for point 2 are you taking about PS2 game "CDs"? If so then yes you will need a DVD drive for reading the PS2 DVD's (I think there are a few PS2 CD Games out also) not sure on that though!

As for N64 Emulation, its like PSX Emulation, it depends on the game!
I can get Mario Kart 64 running at a decent speed on a PIII 500 and a 4Mb ATI Rage Pro card, theres a few textures missing (white shadows etc), and it runs at about 57fps! but it runs fast enough to get a good race out of it! :)

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
DC emulation is coming along there are 2 DC emulators that are getting closer to working with comercial software.

DreamEmu being one.

The main issue is dealing with the memory management unit, which on a DC is rather complicated (sadly).

Cyb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts