Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now when I try to open the game (chrono trigger) all that comes up is a black screen and a playstation 1 controller...does anybody know whats wrong?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
According to Need Help with ePSXe? This is your first stop!:

All I get is a black screen.

• 1.7.0 update: Xeven's CDR plugin does not work in ePSXe 1.7.0. Sapu's plugin has an updated version that is compatible. Otherwise, you must use the (new and improved) internal CDR Plugin with subchannel reads enabled.
  • First, make sure you've got everything together. You need a BIOS, plugins (graphics, sound, and CD and pad if you need them), and of course the game you want to play.
  • Look at the console (the DOS window). Are there any errors? What are the errors? Based on that, make adjustments to the plugins you use (i.e. if it has a CD reading error, try a different plugin, different drive, or make an ISO).
  • If you have a copy protected PAL game, you might need to use a PPF patch. Check NGEmu's PPF page for our downloadable database of PPF patches. Alternatively, create an ISO image with subchannel data.
  • Does anything show up when you run the BIOS? (File-->Run BIOS in ePSXe). If so, then you know it's a problem with the game or its compatibility, and not with the emulator's general configuration.
post your config setup
Do post your specs as well. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
everytime I open video it says like outofsync.bmp and I tryed to delete the plugin that I was told to delete but it wont let me

For video I am using Pete OpenGl2 Driver 2.7
For Sound I am using P.E.OpS DSound Audio Driver 1.9
For Cdrom I am using ISO Image driver 1.0

also it wont let me configure Soft video plugin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
netplay is disabled

I was having problems with my Snes9Xw as it kept saying it had stopped working so after that happening 3 times i gave up and went to psxe

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I was having problems with my Snes9Xw as it kept saying it had stopped working so after that happening 3 times i gave up and went to psxe
Snes9x is supposed to be much more easier to configure. :/
Its off-topic and since I have no idea whether you need a solution, I shall leave the post as IT-IS.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts

All I get is a black screen.

• 1.7.0 update: Xeven's CDR plugin does not work in ePSXe 1.7.0. Sapu's plugin has an updated version that is compatible. Otherwise, you must use the (new and improved) internal CDR Plugin with subchannel reads enabled.
  • First, make sure you've got everything together. You need a BIOS, plugins (graphics, sound, and CD and pad if you need them), and of course the game you want to play.
  • Look at the console (the DOS window). Are there any errors? What are the errors? Based on that, make adjustments to the plugins you use (i.e. if it has a CD reading error, try a different plugin, different drive, or make an ISO).
  • If you have a copy protected PAL game, you might need to use a PPF patch. Check NGEmu's PPF page for our downloadable database of PPF patches. Alternatively, create an ISO image with subchannel data.
  • Does anything show up when you run the BIOS? (File-->Run BIOS in ePSXe). If so, then you know it's a problem with the game or its compatibility, and not with the emulator's general configuration.
OMG. I just quoted myself.
Made it in BRIGHT YELLOW. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooooo wow it even says it when I goto file lol

no it says runtime error

and then it just goes to ePSXe.exe has stopped working just like with Snes...omg if this is a computer problem then Im gonna be pissed cuz I just got this laptop a week ago.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts

What's this BIOS thing everyone is talking about? Where do I get it?

• A BIOS is essential to PSX emulation. check out this thread for a little bit of help (;))
  • Check out the ePSXe help file. In the Contents, go to Technical Stuff-->Dumping the PSX BIOS.
  • Shendo has written a great tutorial (with pics!)
  • As always, Google is your friend.
This goes to show you don't even have ePSXe set-up yet!
Seriously, read the stickies to save time here.
Click on Need Help with ePSXe? This is your first stop!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok

Alright my Bios now runs and it goes to the menu when you dont have a game in...however my game still doesnt run (I'm sorry, I really dont feel like looking for other posts)

All that comes up no is a black screen, with a playstation controller in the corner...so does this mean, since my bios works, that the games messed up or what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I downloaded it from a torrent site called thepiratebay

god I wish my original copy of the game for my playstation still worked...lol I wish I knew of playstation emulators like 3 years ago cuz I have been looking for a copy of this game since then

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
AHA finaly i will solve your problem for you, make an iso of the original disk yourself because downloading is not supported here, and it does tend not to work usaly if you download it because they dont realy care about the quality.
if your looking for a copy of the game then try ebay alot of people are sellng it on there.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.