Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
!
6,312 Posts
lol, you have to see this

A 32-year-old single mum has been ordered by a Minneapolis court to pay $1.92m to the Recording Industry Association of America after being found guilty of breaching the copyright of just 24 songs.

The Guardian reports that Jammie was one of 30,000 people initially found guilty and ordered to pay damages of $222,000 to the RIAA way back in 2007. However, the process was plagued by controversy after reports that both a 12-year-old girl and a deceased woman have received letters asking for damage
Source

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
man that sucks ass :/

i wonder how they randomly crack down on people?
'everyone' will download something copyrighted at one point in time if they use the internet for a while.
so how do the ISP's choose who they're going to send their warnings too?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
send it back with white powder.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Baaaaaah send them back a GOOGLE!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I wonder if they'll crack down on "ROMs"... I could understand them getting pissy about "DS" games, but I wonder if they will about MAME ROMs, Console games, etc...?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm not saying I download anything illegally, I'm curious if Nintendo, Sony, etc will crack down like the RIAA/MPAA?

I can see where Nintendo may argue console downloads hurt the Wii downloads.

When I get a few more $$$ I intend to buy a few more Wii downloads. I love being able to do that legally on the Wii even if it may hurt emulation as a whole.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
That'll teach you to not use bittorrent... :nono:

*cough* bittorrent is inheritly very suseptible to monitoring

evolve... adapt... that is your mantra

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.