Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my tickets for Fellowship of the Ring! OOOOOH YEAH! Hail to the king, baby! Come December 21 I will be reveling in the glory of the best movie ever, presented in super-widescreen with a kick-arse sound system and accompanied by cushy seats, tasty beverages and yummy candy!

I repeat: OOOOOOH YEAH!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess you guys haven't been reading the reviews coming out... Entertainment Weekly, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, FimCritic.com, and more have all reviewed it and loved it. Trust me, this movie is excellent, that's been established. Here's two of the many reviews you can find just by browsing around aintitcoolnews.com. Some of the things they said...

"...this is a film stuffed to bursting with the kind of visual splendor that simply can’t be manufactured in post. And, then, there’s the story…… how should I put this? Oh, yes. It’s like kicking off the STAR WARS saga with THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK."

"FELLOWSHIP attains this rare power through the pitch-perfect performances of the entire cast."

"[Peter Jackson's] f/x team ... fills every inch of the frame with images wondrous, but never obtrusive."

"It's 1977 and I'm 7. On a balmy afternoon, I've just come out of the cinema having seen Star Wars, and I'm flying. ... Jump cut ... It's December 2001. I'm 31 and on a cold winter night, I'm coming out of the Odeon cinema in Covent Garden, and I'm flying again."

"It's a perfect adaptation -- not slavish to the source, but retaining the integrity of it. Integrity -- there's a word you don't normally associate with blockbusters these days."

"Oh, and Sir Ian McKellern isn't in the film. Just Gandalf. They must have hired the real deal somewhere along the way and forgot to tell us."

>Man your hyper
You would be too if you'd been waiting 2 years for this movie ;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I don't like critics, SPECIALLY when it comes to things based apon a book, cuz none of them have ever READ the books, so its completely dif to someone who has read them.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Ryoga: Just about any critic's read LotR. Or at least a few of them have. I'm sure Roger Ebert, closet otaku, has. :p

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Well, some read and some don't. Why bother, when all you need is go to the movies and have fun. No critics can make you like a movie or not, it's you who have to decide. ;)

Be your own movie critic! :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Be your own movie critic!

That's always the philosophy I've gone by. Critics are wrong most of the time.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Heheh, Asfaloth I one upped you.

I've got a ticket to the first showing on opening day. Dec. 19, 2001 12:30pm. But I got my ticket on Dec. 1st I've been waiting for this movie for about a year and a half. Now I just need to decide if I should try to rush through the book of Fellowship of the Ring before I see the movie or just wait till after ward and get to savor it for a while. I should've planned ahead a bit more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts