Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yay for me. it was a clean install and it was beautiful. Windows XP is purty. Now for my problem. When i try to connect to the internet, it tells me that it can't find the adapter...or something like that. I guess the adapter is some old 3COMM 3C450 broadband card that we have in there. We have the dsl connection and everything, but the comp can't connect. Is this a driver problem, or a configuration problem or what? I already used the CD from our ISP to install everything we should need....is there something extra i need to do since i'm starting from a clean install...or is there a conflict with the new OS or what. Any help would be appreciated.
thanx.

edit: hey! my post count was just at 311! Long live 311, so Come Original!

S

·
0 Posts
that's hard to say....try to look into the device manager (go to control panel, choose system, and it should be there somewhere) and see if there's an adapter listed and if it's correctly installed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
it defienatly isnt a compatibility error windows should support any 3com :) it has to be with the driver or irq setting or something since you cant use the internet you cant get a drivef(so how are u posting?)i ll look for one and post it here

·
Registered
215 Posts
well andre after looking for yor drivers i found this
: This card is not supported in Win2k. Keep that in mind if you go dual-boot. It will be recognized but there are no drivers anywhere for it. 3Com will not create any drivers for this product under Win2k Either
windows xp is the same as win2k hardware access wise and this may be the case for you i think 3com will release drivers for xp though because of its growing popularity so id say look for a driver and be patient

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot guys.
eazye: i was afraid of that. the card is kinna old. it seemed to be recognized and everything, but something is obviously not right. We have 2 comps, and installed XP on the one downstairs. This one still has 98se (which is how i'm online).

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by andré
thanks a lot guys.
eazye: i was afraid of that. the card is kinna old. it seemed to be recognized and everything, but something is obviously not right. We have 2 comps, and installed XP on the one downstairs. This one still has 98se (which is how i'm online).
hmm, maybe some generic driver will work...or you need to buy a new card ....this is one of those reasons why I dont like XP (my tv card doesnt work correctly either, for example).

·
Registered
215 Posts
for sure for sure network cards are all pretty similar try drivers from whole different companys and stuff one of them might work

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, i'll try the links provided. i'm not willing to give up yet.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
nah...it's the same for everyone anyways...just a dirty trick so they can spam you with adverts.

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
nah...it's the same for everyone anyways...just a dirty trick so they can spam you with adverts.
WOW that was fast !
ohhh... then is like a loging for all public ?
that´s great
if all sites were like that :D

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finally found the problem. it was the P.P.P.o.E supplied by the ISP that wasn't compatible w/ XP. I just had to switch to the native P.P.P.o.E in XP and everything works fine...even w/ that ancient 3Com card. thanx for all the help!

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Shadow Lady

WOW that was fast !
ohhh... then is like a loging for all public ?
that´s great
if all sites were like that :D
actually I'd prefer if they didnt require a login at all :)

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Samor

actually I'd prefer if they didnt require a login at all :)
mmm... that could work too ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Shadow_Lady is that some sort of pursuit :p . just kidding.
Thanx for the bodyguard Samor, the guys at driverguide are not going to be sad with it, otherwise they would implement another method of loggin ... And spam sux:mad:

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, the computer downstairs has shut itself off, and now it won't even start. Can someone tell me how this is even possible, and what the heck is going on??

...and yes...it is connected to a power source....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe your PowerSource is gone, try to replace it ok?
And how it is possible? power sources are extremelly sensitive devices, any abnormality in the line can damage it.
Hope it helps...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts