Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have downloaded ideas but no sound on any games. I downloaded the plugin but all that is in the file is a .dll where am i meant to put it i have tried putting it where i have ideas which is in a folder on my desktop but i still no sound. I would like sound it is boring without any.

Any help out there would be great thanks.

·
Lurker, pretty much...
324 Posts
Well, the sound plugin isn't included in iDeaS 1.0.3.2 archive, so... All plugins must be put in the PLUGIN folder. Create it, then move aud.dll into it.
And if you really care about sound, then you might want to get the 1.0.1.4 beta plugin instead. The current version has a problem with repeating samples, causing some weird noises.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for that. I have sound now even if it is wierd i will try different audio plugin versions to see what gives me the best sound should i be aware of any other setting that effect the sound.

Sorted that now i was running at half the frame rate i needed to be which is why it was wierd. i now have next to perfect sound with the newest audio plug in. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have the same problem, so instead of making a new topic, I decided to just reply here?

I did create a Plugin folder, and I placed all my plugins there, but I still have no sound. o_o Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to configure something? When I open iDeaS and go check the plugins, nothing comes up. <_< I've tried several stuff, but nothing works. Sooo, yeaaah... can someone help me here? D: Please and thank you.

·
Lurker, pretty much...
324 Posts
Just checked, the name of the PLUGIN folder isn't case-sensitive. It must be placed into the same folder as ideas.exe.

Are you sure your folder is called PLUGIN, plugin, Plugin or whatever? Is it in the right location?

·
Registered
19 Posts
To avoid starting a new thread, I'm gonna try to post here and hope someone replies. I've iDeaS 1.0.3.2, and version 1.0.1.4 of the sound plugin. In the same folder the iDeaS.exe is in, I created a "Plugin" folder, and placed the audio dll in it. I tried PLUGINS, Plugins, and plugins, and I still have had no luck. in the plugins dropdown mousing over sound brings up nothing. Still no luck.
I used search, and looked around on my own, and found nothing yet. Alot of people seem to have asekd this question, but it seems it never gets answered.
Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update: I figured out how to get it to at least recognize plugins. The Plugin folder must be named "PlugIn" or at least thats what I got to work for iDeaS_1.0.3.2
I'm still having trouble with the sound, it's choppy as crap, I don't know if its the plugin or not. I'll continue searching and post any success here.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
It's the plugin. iDeaS by far as the worst sound out of all the DS emus...well perhaps it's unfair to say it has worse sound than NeonDS as NeonDS has no sound...but yeah it's pretty bad.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
give DeSmuME a shot, it's sound is pretty good, perfect most of the time and although it requires a powerfull Processor if you can run iDeaS which is also very CPU hungry then you should have no issues. These days it's pretty much on par with no$gba if not better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.