Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

When I had try to play RESIDENT EVIL 3 APOCALIPSIS then I try to control character by PC keyboard but don't know what key represent A,B in joystrict of PS2. The list of map key between PS2 pad and PC keyboard is required.

I had download version ePSXe 1.7 yesterday but no setup files , it only had shown gameplay content folder. when I run ePSXe then it shown "Error found please try to reinstall" , I guess that the problem is the fontend not be installed , right?

Help me, please :wub:

Phongphan Porana
[email protected]

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Assign the controls in the input submenu of the option menu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the problem had be corrected And I have another question about if I want to play DVD game, what's spec of PC for ePSXe 1.6 ?

Today, only solution 300x300 pixels can work on CD-ROM with computer: cpu 1.86 512 DDR2 , I want to know how the maximum capability picture solution could receive as look in PS2? possibility?

Like that what's com spec required for high quality ?

help me please!

Phongphan Porana

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
You can use a higher resolution than 320x240 or whatever, but if you have onboard video, you'll need to make sure you use a plug-in (no Pete's OpenGL 2.x versions!) and configuration that your PC can handle.

Playstation 2 emulation is different. You need a separate emulator, as ePSXe will not play Playstation 2 games, and as far as the specifications you listed lead to me believe, neither will your PC (at acceptable speed). The RAM would be questionable (especially if some is being stolen by an onboard GPU), the GPU is questionable, and at that speed, the CPU is too slow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Problem:

1. How to check status of each key on the dual shock joystick, want to know function details of each key?
(I need diagram or table.:???:)

2. I plan to play FFX (for mine PC above).

- Could I try to add server for this game?
- ePSXe 1.6 support DVD file?
and Is ISO format better than reading data from DVD drive? (for FFX)

Thanks for help

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
FFX is a PS2 game though, so like zedeck said, its not going to run on a PS1 emulator like ePSXe. you are going to need PCSX2 for that. if you have questions regarding PS2 emulation you need to head over to the PS2 emulation section, this place is for PS1 inquires only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to jonc2006

But Are you sure that no other method to solve my plan to play FFX ?
Now FFXII(New) can play with ePSXe 1.6 by change file type of game to ISO.
So I think ISO format of FFX can run with one. And I had try PCSX2 by your sugestion then when I try to initiate game, I found an error on no bios file , Do you have any hint for this?

Thanks you,

Phongphan Porana

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
because FFXII is a PS2 game and requires PS2 hardware to be emulated.

epsxe does not emulate PS2 hardware and so will not run FFXII

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
In Thailand the ePSXe 1.6 can run PS2 game(ISO format), Why?
that is not possible. if a real PS1 cannot play PS2 games then no PS1 emulator will either. now take any PS2 related questions to the PCSX2 section, as this is not the section for these types of inquiries and we will not answer or discuss anything not related to PS1 emulation here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.