Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay before U tell me something about ff............tell me do u think I am an Ass Hole.......well my chick today called me that because I forgot to meet her.........well personal life.......really bugs me.....Oh I forgot............!

Well U might consider that what a jerk I am ..........I never played FF..........so now I am not I want to play one........so which one should I play

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
haha, can't say much about the jerk situation, but you're relatively safe picking any of the final fantasy games for the psx [7-9]. I only bought 7, and i loved it, and it was my first rpg, but now the graphics for it look really dated. Characters on the world map screen, and the roaming screen have no fingers, or hands for that matter. The characters look kind of bulky with their huge polygonal bodies. But I still love it. FF9 looks awesome, and you can use 4 ppl in battle, while u could only use 3 in FF7. The characters also look really good on the world map and roaming screens. Obviously FF9 is gonna cost more. I don't know a thing about FF8 tho.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>tell me do u think I am an Ass Hole
No, but I would suggest that you be as nice as you possibly can be for the immediate future, as missing an agreed upon date with a girl (or person in general) is one of the easiest ways you can ruin a relationship/business deal/friendship, especially if you make a habit of it. I'd hope you'd understand why; being made to feel neglected is awful.

>so which one should I play
I'd play either FF3 (6j) or FF7 first, then go on from there.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
u should try FF6 first. I think it has a great story

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your looking for the best ones, play FF Tactics ( which Sqaure is re-releasing ! Whoo hoo ) and Final Fantasy 8.... I know.. I know, most of U didn't like 8 but I loved it !

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I like games with awsome graphics.So which on of them has the best graphics.I was thinking of buying FF9.What do u think

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
i think ff8 has a great graphic

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I agree with Bahamut_zero,
I didn't play any of the FF games, but I would sometimes watch my friends play and I enjoyed watching FF8 the most. I know this vote doesn't really count too much, but as far as graphics go I think FF8 is the best. And yes I've seen FF9.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
well, if ure looking for graphics u should definetly buy FF9, but i found the game kinda boring, i didnt like the battle sistem (to simple, just equip the item and learn the ability) and the story isnt even near the quality of 7 and 6.
But i also enjoyed FF8 alot altough FF7 is my favourite, so pherhaps u should buy 8.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay here is my point

FF8
or
FF9

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
oh, and u can play FF6 completely 4 free :D so u should try this one b4 buying ;)

use Zsnes and the Rom is preety easy to find (i cant tell where tough)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmmmmmm........the graphics of Znes suck full time

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, liqatali, frist, you are not a jerk or an "ass-hole" for missing a date w/or forgetting to pick up your girl friend. But you should have a resonable explanation (the truth now, no stories) as to what happened. Also be extra nice and considerate to make up for it. If she cares about you, she will (hopefully) understand and accept your apology. This is what I have done in the past and my wife and I have been married for over 29 years. Just don't let it happen to often.
Second, I would reccommend FF 9. I just could not get into FF 8 at all. The graphics are good and GFs look fantastic, but the story did nothing for me. FF 9, on the other hand, caught me right away. The graphics are great and the story is interesting. Plus you really start to feel empathy for Vivi (the balck mage) whos is questioning his own existence. I would say to go w/FF 9 first, but of course this is just my own opinion.
Third, as many people have told you, you should eventually try all the FFs. FF 4-9 are available on PSX, and 1(US), 2(Japanese translated), and 3(Japanese traslated) are out there for play on any of the Nintendo emulators that are available.
Fourth and last, no, the graphics on ZSNES do not suck, at all. I have the latest version and if you play w/the settings you can get some great graphics. ZSNES is an excellent SNES emulator and IMHO is only equaled by SNES9x (I have the latest version of that too).
Sorry to be so long, but I hope I helped some. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess I should not write any more on personal life because these forums are not ment for such a thing.

Well about my question..........I am going for FF9

Thanks to all U guys.........

Ali

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wait a minute I'm not so sure about FF9. What I mean is that people have been recommending their favorite FF game.
So if you think you'll be playing a few of the FF series games then you may not want to start with the best one. If you do then you'll just look at the other FFs and not play them because they aren't as good as FF9.
Just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts