Next Generation Emulation banner

I have been LIBERATED!

4K views 141 replies 12 participants last post by  Demi Fiend 
#1 ·
I live in the boonies, yes the curved; high-incline roads throughout Southwestern Virginia; down south. I have been damned to using DSL for years, but now; my brethren, a company known as Embarq is offering me high-speed broadband service; 20% cheaper than what I'm using now.

I can't even play TF2 or any online game with this connection. I'm strait pathetic. :cry:

My steam games shall be resurrected and the torrents shall breathe new life to my PC once more.

I'm so happy I could cry.

#10 ·
I thought this was going to be a thread about divorce.

Divorce? i was thinking he was taken hostage by 12 beautiful women.

#16 ·
I really don't see how people need more then 2mbps speed. Its MORE then enough for online gaming and streaming videos. Besides, I don't think most servers even give that high download speeds anyway.

#18 · (Edited)
I just now that cable = god.
Cable usually has higher available bandwidth but not by a large degree. The trade off is that you, on a cable connection, will be on a shared loop with many other customers, making you susceptible to high traffic saturation from your neighbors.

On a DSL connection you're on your own private loop directly to the nearest pedestal or ERA. So it doesn't matter what your neighbors are doing. Latency is usually much lower on DSL, too, making it better for online gaming.

I really don't see how people need more then 2mbps speed.
We need it for that which cannot be named on this forum

#21 ·
With current technology, DSL is capable of up to 50mbps. Though that infrastructure isn't in place in most places. Typical DSL is between 6mbps and 10mbps.
DSL3 is capble of 60mb/s

#23 ·
Thats going to take 10 years to deploy over here,.. argh

****ing greedy teachers keep sucking the system dry, they get paid enough as it is. Our hospitals and nurses need billions of dollars in funding and pay increases, our power and phone lines are subject to damage because the government isn;'t willing to pay the money to put them below ground...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.