Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm DJuno. In korea. Nice to meet you:D
I visited this forum because I had got a problem and wanna give a request to the ePSXe producer.
My keyboard has a problem:It's called "Key Crash".
'Cause of this, sometimes I can't push more than 2 buttons at the same time.
Or computer can't perceive two or more buttons at the same time.
So Usually most emulator gives me and users a macro function.
With this, the user sets the buttons(for instance, A & B & C bottun -> keyboard button 'P'), plays the game, and uses this key.
But ePSXe 1.6.0 hasn't this function still, you know.
So I suggest that this function should put into the emulator. As soon as possible.
Please make this funtion for me, and for every ePSXe users.
Thanks for reading. see you:)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I think they stopped developement of ePSXe so your outta luck. Why don't you just buy a new keyboard that can press two keys at once for like $20. Or find out what is stopping it from allowing you to detect two keys.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Modern keybs are made cheaply to make them lighter. No matter what price, new keybs usually allow only 2-3 keys pressed at same time, depending on combination. Get an old keyboard from some recycling center, one that works Check how heavy it is. More heavier, the better. Old keybs are made bit differently, and they recognise insane amount of keys pressed at same time. Sometimes advancement in technology isnt good thing, it seems. :p

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The other simple workaround is to obtain a cheap gamepad ;).

Anyways macro functions are usually implemented via pad plugins and IIRC that is on the todo list.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
I think they stopped developement of ePSXe so your outta luck. Why don't you just buy a new keyboard that can press two keys at once for like $20. Or find out what is stopping it from allowing you to detect two keys.
Think twice before stating something like that without any knowledge. Stickies are there for something you know. People will start complaining and shouting and what not with statements like that, so please don't do it again. ePSXe is still on (slow) development.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Betamax said:
The other simple workaround is to obtain a cheap gamepad .;).
cheap? I'd rather say good than cheap, why to throw money if you know that you'll throw that pad in about 3 weeks gaming it.

BTW. IMO.PSone DualShock + PSX to PC USB adapter RLZ :D

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
Why don't you just buy a new keyboard that can press two keys at once for like $20.
why the hell would you get a new keyboard (btw the keyboard you speak of does not exist) for 20 bucks when you can just get a perfectly nice gamepad for the same price? oO

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
hushypushy said:
why the hell would you get a new keyboard (btw the keyboard you speak of does not exist) for 20 bucks when you can just get a perfectly nice gamepad for the same price? oO
Some people, like me, like keyboard more. Only games where i use pad are megamans.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hushypushy said:
oO wow, interesting. care to explain why? :)
I think the explnation is: that he's used to play on keyboard, I know how he feel from my esperiences witch changing keyboard to a pad (Tekken3 realy pissed me off those day) it's like you have to learn once again to play with it, also (for example) Tekken3 is much easier to play on keyboard, 'couse you can use all of your fingers on d-pad :)

Mine ePSXe keyboard (r.i.p.) config:

Q - select

E - start

W - dpad up

A - dpad left

S - dpad down

D - dpad right

U - L1

H - L2

O - R1

; - R2

I - triangle

K - X

J - circle \
don't remamber if those weren't flipped ;)
L - squere /

I didn't config that analog pads, and also L and R 3 - didn't have to use those ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a lot for Reply. :D
But unfortunately.. I have no money.
I have no chioce in case of purchasing.
Maybe I should wait for the update. Oh, please~

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
KanedA said:
I think the explnation is: that he's used to play on keyboard, I know how he feel from my esperiences witch changing keyboard to a pad (Tekken3 realy pissed me off those day) it's like you have to learn once again to play with it, also (for example) Tekken3 is much easier to play on keyboard, 'couse you can use all of your fingers on d-pad :)

Mine ePSXe keyboard (r.i.p.) config:

Q - select

E - start

W - dpad up

A - dpad left

S - dpad down

D - dpad right

U - L1

H - L2

O - R1

; - R2

I - triangle

K - X

J - circle \
don't remamber if those weren't flipped ;)
L - squere /

I didn't config that analog pads, and also L and R 3 - didn't have to use those ;)
Precisely! I can react much faster with keyboard than gamepad. Only level hopping games like megaman pad is better, and so is in driving games if i have analog pad. Unfortunately my logitech pad analog has broken analog calibration, (what a surprise. logitech, screw you!) so keyboard we shall use to drive... :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol, I'm much more used to playing with a gamepad, having been a console gamer long before I played my first PC game. I can't stand playing console games with a keyboard (PC games is a different story). Ewww.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts