Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELP!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE DX9 PLUGIN!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NOBODY HAD THIS PROBLEM UNTIL NOW!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

IT GETS THIS MESSAGE UPON LOAD OF ISO: "ERROR LOADING PLUGINS/PLUGIN_VIDEODX9.DLL: CAN'T READ INFO." THIS IS A STRANGE MESSAGE, BECAUSE I'M USING THE OLD DX9 PLUGIN!!!!!

PLUS, AFTER THAT COMES TWO MORE MESSAGES: "CAN'T INIT VIDEO PLUGIN" AND, AFTER THAT, "COULDN'T INIT THE CORE. CHECK YOUR CONFIGURATION."!!!!!!

I USE AN NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 420/AGP/SSE2 RENDERER WITH 64 MB OF ADAPTER RAM AND AN INTEL PENTIUM 4 CPU 2.40 GHZ PROCESSOR! I ALSO HAVE OPENGL VERSION 1.4 (WITH A DRIVER VERSION OF 6.14.10.5216 FORCEWARE 52.16, LAUNCHED ON OCTOBER 6TH, 2003) AND DIRECTX VERSION 9.0C, LAUNCHED AT OCTOBER 2008!!!!!!! (FOR SOME REASON, I ALSO HAVE SHADER MODELS OF NULL AND NULL!!!!!)

I NEED DOLPHIN'S VIDEO PLUGIN TO WORK IN ORDER FOR IT THE ISO, WHICH IS THE ORIGINAL ANIMAL CROSSING, TO LOAD!!!!!! HOW DO I MAKE IT WORK!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!

PLEASE HELP ME RIGHT NOW!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I almost forgot! I have Dolphin SVN Rev 3785! Please remember all of this and POST YOUR REPLY RIGHT NOW AND IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
How rude.

besides, its useless. your video card is a pos, and lacks Dx8 shaders, let alone Dx9.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Google your video card, and accept the facts.

IT CANNOT BE DONE.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
No way you are going to be using the DX9 plugin let alone the OpenGL plugin on such outdated hardware, for starters your card Does Not support DirectX 9.

Secondly it does not support any kind of shaders which is required by most new PC games and applications including Dolphin in order to function and render graphics.

Thirdly your CPU as your video card is utter crap, even if you could manage to get Dolphin running (Which you can't), expect it to run at a snails pace like a slideshow worse or about the same as running Dolphin in interpreter mode.

Well you can run dolphin on a Pentium 4, but it won't run very fast. Also in order to even boot any games with Dolphin you are going to need to upgrade that graphics card (Nvidia released such a farce of a card using deceptive advertising to make it sell, it can barely even render the desktop properly, it can't even handle or support Aero on Vista)..

Lastly demanding something from developers who are coding this project in their free time is very rude and inconsiderate. Just because you demand them to fix it, beg for them to fix it, doesn't mean they have to bow down to kiss your feet and fix it so you can play your "pirated" games on your crappy ancient hardware.

Finally read the frikkin requirements which is linked from the stickied faq at the top of this forum before going on a tangent and making yourself look like an ass..

Q. Which are minimal system requirements to run Dolphin at good speed?

Check this thread for more information
Minimum System Requirements said:
======= System Requirements =======
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows (2000/XP/Vista or higher) / Linux / Apple Mac OS X (Intel version).
* Processor: Any Fast CPU x86 or x86_64, SSE2 supported Processor. Dual Core and SSE3, SSSE3 for more speed. Recommend a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0+ Ghz or AMD Phenom 9550+ 2.2Ghz+
* Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1.
* Your Brain: Understanding the FAQ, Forum Rules, and that we don't support Piracy.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.
Note: Dolphin is not 100% perfect at its emulation. Running into crashes, errors, and whatnot is expected!

======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

======= Video Card Requirements =======
You must have a video card that support OpenGL 2.x fully or Direct3D 9.0c.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.

Note: Make sure your drivers are up to date!
[Driver Sites]
NVIDIA Drivers
ATI Drivers

[Models that Dolphin likes]
- NVIDIA GeForce 6 to 9 Series and GeForce 200 Series
--* GeForce 6 Series
--* GeForce 7 Series
--* GeForce 8 Series
--* GeForce 9 Series
--* GeForce 200 Series
- ATI Radeon R200 to R700 Series
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 300
--* Radeon 420
--* Radeon 520
--* Radeon 600
--* Radeon 700

[Model thats Dolphin doesn't like]
- Any Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) Chipset (These cards do not support OpenGL 2.x fully)
--* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- Older NVIDIA Chipsets
--* GeForce 256
--* GeForce 2 (Including MX line of cards)
--* GeForce 3
--* GeForce 4 (Including MX line of cards)
--* GeForce FX Series
- ATI Radeon R200 and Older
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 100
--* Radeon 200
--* RIVA TNT
------+ RIVA TNT
--* RAGE
------+ Rage

Things you can do: Upgrade your crappy hardware to something more recent, or play on an actual Gamecube/Wii if you can't afford to upgrade your hardware.

Have a nice day.. ;)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
someone should update that.... since Riva is Nvidia and Rage is ATI....

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Just give it up! Your pc won't run Dolphin!

You pretty much need a full rebuild from the ground up!

Prob only your HDD/s, DVD Burner/reader and case are good!
Everything else needs to thrown to the curb and replaced with far newer tech!

One of the biggest reasons for this is because (I could be slightly off here with some of my below explanations and I welcome corrections, but I am trying to make it as simple to understand the general prob) is your cpu!

You will be lucky if you even get close to 10fps with that cpu! There are very good reasons for this!
The emu has a lot of work to do to get your game running on a pc!

Inside a console there are obviously a tonne of different chips doing different things and the program needs to be able to replicate all these things at such a fast speed that it still needs room to run the game itself!

This is how I usually explain it to laymen!

Imagine that only the CPU in your pc is TRYING to replicating this information fast enough that it can still run the game after that at full speed!

Your cpu is trying to replicate your gamecube/wii's cpu chip, sound chip, the way info is stored in the ram, tells the GPU what it can do which is mostly just displaying and even how it reads the data from the iso image and it is trying to do all this and still have the room left to run the game itself!

Update your pc! It has not the strengths to do all these tasks at once!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Closing this for the simple fact the OP can not run the emulator at all with his current hardware and the topic is starting to head in an ugly direction.

If you want suggestions for hardware to build a new system, make a thread in hardware discussion. There is no way you are going to be able to run this emulator with your current hardware.

Keep in mind what was said in this thread before hitting the post reply button next time, this is not how you should make a thread or a post when posting for support, next times make sure your post is well thought out and appropriate.

Waltzing in here acting like the world owes you something and demanding that something be fixed isn't going to earn you any points, that is typically considered highly disrespectful among many of the developers and members.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.