Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because this will probably scare everyone:

Insurers Mount Attack Against Health Reform

One more reason for a single-payer system in america. They would rather raise rates to keep their profit margins high than just take the hit.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes im actually planning on moving out to UK, France, or possibly Canada. Im so sick of the political system here and the way money runs the government.

Gotta wait till after the college degree though, unless i do one of those study abroad type things.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
You should cross the border north and live with us Canadians ;)

Like many others Canadians I find it extraordinary that, in this day and age, a modern, technologically-advanced country could be even debating such a thing as universal health care. It's unambiguously obvious to us (and virtually everyone else in the industrialized world) that every single citizen deserves basic health care and it's the duty of government to provide it. I gladly pay my taxes to support this system as I believe it benefits every single Canadian.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
It'll certainly be good for you to see how other countries really work as opposed to how their government works in theory.

I plan to stay in the US until it collapses in the coming years. Then I'm off to Costa Rica or maybe Brasil. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Because this will probably scare everyone:

Insurers Mount Attack Against Health Reform

One more reason for a single-payer system in america. They would rather raise rates to keep their profit margins high than just take the hit.
you ever hear the term "the grass is not always greener on the other side" well I suggest you follow it believe me theres ALOT worse circumstances going on in the world other than a health reform or small political problems as such.This is the problem with fellow americans they think we got it so bad go over to the third world countries and such and then tell me how bad america is,to think we have it bad because of that Im sorry its ridiculous and Im not attacking you personally at all I know what your saying because alot of ppl I have heard this from and I say the same just remember while were sitting here b*tching and moaning or troops are overseas getting killed everyday.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
you ever hear the term "the grass is not always greener on the other side"
Actually, the grass is pretty green here. It's not perfect, there's a fairie ring or two and there's a bunch of weeds over in quebec, but it's much better than the desolate brown lawn across the border in americaland. :p

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
If you don't like the way money runs your country, don't even think of coming to brazil (the land of corruption and where no one goes to jail for that...).

Unless you're a tourist and wanna spend all your money here ;)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If you don't like the way money runs your country, don't even think of coming to brazil (the land of corruption and where no one goes to jail for that...).

Unless you're a tourist and wanna spend all your money here ;)
The second sentence describes my thoughts almost perfectly. I've been saving and saving and investing in gold and silver so when the dollar tanks, I won't be screwed. Basically, Costa Rica (or Brazil) is where I will retire in this rotting world.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
you ever hear the term "the grass is not always greener on the other side" well I suggest you follow it believe me theres ALOT worse circumstances going on in the world other than a health reform or small political problems as such.This is the problem with fellow americans they think we got it so bad go over to the third world countries and such and then tell me how bad america is,to think we have it bad because of that Im sorry its ridiculous and Im not attacking you personally at all I know what your saying because alot of ppl I have heard this from and I say the same just remember while were sitting here b*tching and moaning or troops are overseas getting killed everyday.
Of course you can always point to worse circumstances elsewhere in the world, but the US is the only country in the developed world that does not have universal health coverage for its citizens. US citizens also spent far more on health care than other developed nations ($5,267 per capita while the OECD average is $2,193). Health care is one of those areas where the US has lagged far, far behind and they desperately need some kind of reform to catch up. It's essential for moral as well as financial reasons.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah America is full of long term problems. Education is crumbling, leading to idiots voting for more idiots, leading to idiot laws, etc. etc.

I do foresee america falling within 50 or so years, or at least some sort of revolution/mass emigration.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
ur ameirca

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
BTW why you guys call USA AMERICA????? its not that US is the only country in the American continent lol! at least is what your goverment always try to do in order to let the world know they are the mighty ones :p

Why not United States??? the reason why i write that is because people around the world get confuse with the world "AMERICA" which is a continent and not a single country.

ur ameirca
Nevermore........... you never change. Nevermore your epic posts never stop to amaze me :lol:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
United States doesn't make sense anymore when you think about it.

When's the last time "north-american-below-canada-people" have been united over anything?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
YouTube - Rammstein-Amerika
OT: never knew how to embed youtube links...
i really love that song and what he says it´s actually true lol........ oh.. i forgot not many of you can understand German :(

to embed youtube links just quote this post and check out how i did it :thumb:

Amerika (Translation - German to English)
We're all living in America
America is wonderful
America

America is wonderful

America

Where there's dancing, I want to lead
Even if you turn [dance] alone,
Let yourself be controlled a little
I show you how it's done right

We're lining up nicely
Freedom plays on all violins
Music comes from the White House
And Mickey Mouse is on the outskirts of Paris

America is wonderful
America

I know very useful steps
And will protect you from mishap
And who don't want to dance at the end
Don't know yet that he's [they] got to dance!

We're lining up nicely
I will show you the direction
Santa Clause is coming to Africa
And Mickey Mouse is on the outskirts of Paris

America is wonderful
America

Coca-Cola, Wonderbra
America

This is not a love song
This is not a love song
---> I don't sing my (mother's) tongue
No, this is not a love song

America is wonderful
America

Coca-Cola, sometimes war
Source

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Every country has its issues.... (even Canadia). America just has them worse.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.