Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, if you want to know, I got it to work at about 90-95%, if you want me to tell just ask.

The first boss you fight, the one with the revolver, I cant beat him, any stragites?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
chase it around in circles, wait for the reload or slow down, get a shot in. Just be persistent.;) Or you can try to shoot him diagonally from one corner to another, but that doesn't really work for me.

2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was trying to do. I got half it's health off, for a cactus on the first try, that's really good.

Btw, why is he called Solid snake? is the solid part just pard of his code name or does it mean something different?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by carnage179
Btw, why is he called Solid snake? is the solid part just pard of his code name or does it mean something different?
uh, because he's not liquid snake? ;) :p j/k

anyway, just remember not to touch the wires or the president and you will be blown to kingdom come.

and try to hit him while he's reloading. he;'ll stop to reload, fill Revolver Ocelot with bullets then. :)

....sometimes I wish Shiori would make a cameo in this game. :p like, say, a secret codec number? :p

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori

uh, because he's not liquid snake? ;) :p j/k

anyway, just remember not to touch the wires or the president and you will be blown to kingdom come.

and try to hit him while he's reloading. he;'ll stop to reload, fill Revolver Ocelot with bullets then. :)

....sometimes I wish Shiori would make a cameo in this game. :p like, say, a secret codec number? :p
111.1? I ran into the wires while trying to get the ammo the other day...had Ocelot down to near death. Ah well. It's always funny listening to him say, "I love the sound of reloading during battle".

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Yes, and I've had it for months. Kinda sad isnt it. Well I'm really bad a shooting games.

BTW, I've got a usb gamepadpro, is there any way I use that on fpse?
i'm not sure, since I use my PS2 for these games (computer's my last alternative in case my mom decides to take away my PS2...:evil: ).

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Dman, well, I'll check out there part of ther board. Gk, do you know why he's called solid? I heard he's called liquid snake in 2? that ture?
nope. If I say more I'll be spoiling it. Solid snake...maybe that's a metaphor...:evil:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Your discussion forced me to beat the ocelot again right now.Its really tough when you do it first time(Not for me,I had pec & cep).

Hmm,Why he is called solid? Thats his code name I guess but why?Now why sun rises from east?

S

·
0 Posts
That's what I was trying to do. I got half it's health off, for a cactus on the first try, that's really good.

because in 1988 computer game characters still had silly names, and they sticked with it ;)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
the word is stuck, Mr. Vice President. ;)

come to think of it, where's my Famicom cartridge of Metal Gear? About time I practiced dumping a ROM using it. :p

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
the word is stuck, Mr. Vice President. ;)

come to think of it, where's my Famicom cartridge of Metal Gear? About time I practiced dumping a ROM using it. :p
me dutch, me make speelink eroors sometimes ;)

but ...famicom...Metal Gear is supposed to be played on MSX, not famicom....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yaaa, I beat the boss.
good job, but just wait till you get to the next boss:evil: :evil: :evil:
Actually the boss's in MGS don't necessarily get harder as you progress in the game. Its like some of them are hard and others aren't. I think the hardest boss may be when Sniper Wolf is in the tower. And I can beat Metal Gear Rex without getting hurt. But its kinda better that the bosses don't get harder because it makes the game more realistic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.