Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Windows XP and Vista. I don't know my sound card's name. My Graphics plugin is Chankast, my GDROM plugin is the only one, Image
Reader, and Chankast is my sound plug-in, although I've tried every plug-in. My problem is that Null DC doesn't work. It worked before, but at some point, all I kept getting, and still get, is a black screen. I can hear everything, but I can't see anything. I've had this problem for months now, and I haven't been able to figure out what it is.

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
I'm not too knowledgeable on graphic card names, so correct me If I'm wrong. Is 'Intel(R) GMA Driver' a name of a graphics card?
Not unless its an integrated gfx chip.But mainly Intel is who your cpu "computer brain" is made by.But they do make integrated chips,so possibly.But that sounds like its a driver,the "program" that makes your hardware work.

Look on the sticker that is on the front of your pc for info on the specs of it.Look for names like Nvidia and ATI or AMD.Thats all I can recommend other than looking at the paperwork that came with your PC. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not unless its an integrated gfx chip.But mainly Intel is who your cpu "computer brain" is made by.But they do make integrated chips,so possibly.But that sounds like its a driver,the "program" that makes your hardware work.

Look on the sticker that is on the front of your pc for info on the specs of it.Look for names like Nvidia and ATI or AMD.Thats all I can recommend other than looking at the paperwork that came with your PC. :)
Thanks for jogging my memory. I forgot about Nvidia, which is what I have. Last time I went to their site, they said I had their latest driver and that I didn't need to download anything.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Download everest home, and copy paste the summary screen into a post

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Can newbies please state whether they know how to google in their first post, so i can decide NOT to help the ones that don't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can newbies please state whether they know how to google in their first post, so i can decide NOT to help the ones that don't.
I'm sorry, but that is very rude. Now, since I don't want to start a long argument, let me just state the following.

A)I do know how to google. (Google, very nice search engine, though I prefer Dogpile Web Search)

B)Thank you for me informing about this program. I didn't know it existed at all or that it was useful in any way until you informed me about it.

Now, to prevent another misunderstanding, I will say that I did in fact read the Everest manual after downloading it, (Corporate and Ultimate) and that I did mess around with both versions, but I don't know how to copy the information that I need to post. Can someone please help with that, and without spouting any wise-cracks?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is very rude. Now, since I don't want to start a long argument, let me just state the following.

A)I do know how to google. (Google, very nice search engine, though I prefer Dogpile Web Search)

B)Thank you for me informing about this program. I didn't know it existed at all or that it was useful in any way until you informed me about it.

Now, to prevent another misunderstanding, I will say that I did in fact read the Everest manual after downloading it, (Corporate and Ultimate) and that I did mess around with both versions, but I don't know how to copy the information that I need to post. Can someone please help with that, and without spouting any wise-cracks?
its not rude, its stress management :eyemove:

Open up the application and click on the Summary icon in the list menu on the left, then right click the right pane and click copy all.

then paste it in a post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Field Value
Computer
Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 (IE 7.0)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name LENOVO-3762D94C
User Name Chris
SMTP E-mail Address [email protected]
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2009-04-18 / 23:09

Motherboard
CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
Motherboard Name Lenovo ThinkCentre A55
Motherboard Chipset Intel Broadwater i946GZ
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Hynix HYMP512U64CP8-Y5 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: PNY Tech. [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/08/07)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel GMA 3000
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 920LM/920NW [19" LCD] (H9FQ545331)
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 920LM/920NW [19" LCD] (H9FQ545331)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1986A @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

Storage
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Storage Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller
Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller
Disk Drive EPSON Stylus Storage USB Device
Disk Drive Maxtor 3200 USB Device (93 GB, USB)
Disk Drive Seagate FreeAgent USB Device (465 GB, USB)
Disk Drive ST3160815AS (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Optical Drive ATAPI DVD A DH16A1P (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) [ TRIAL VERSION ]
E: (NTFS) 95605 MB (30213 MB free)
G: (NTFS) 465.8 GB (381.4 GB free)
Total Size [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Input
Keyboard Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)
Mouse Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)

Network
Primary IP Address [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Primary MAC Address 00-1C-25-CB-5E-A1
Network Adapter Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet (192. [ TRIAL VERSION ])

Peripherals
Printer EPSON Stylus Photo RX500
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Printer Send To OneNote 2007
USB1 Controller Intel 82801GB ICH7 - USB Universal Host Controller [A-1]
USB2 Controller Intel 82801GB ICH7 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [A-1]
USB Device EPSON Stylus Photo RX500
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
USB Device USB Printing Support

DMI
DMI BIOS Vendor LENOVO
DMI BIOS Version 2OKT45AUS
DMI System Manufacturer LENOVO
DMI System Product 8705J5U
DMI System Version ThinkCentre A55
DMI System Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI System UUID [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Motherboard Manufacturer LENOVO
DMI Motherboard Product LENOVO
DMI Motherboard Version
DMI Motherboard Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Manufacturer LENOVO
DMI Chassis Version
DMI Chassis Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Asset Tag [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Type Mini Tower

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
That summary says your using an Intel GMA 3000, which isn't an nvidia card.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.