Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone notice how some large companies have decided that email is the thing of the past and only adds a physical adress on their contact us sites instead? I guess the reason is that it's so easy to send emails, and it doesn't cost a dime, so they get a bunch of crap, not to mention all the spam!

So I'm asking myself is this just a trend we're seeing? or will more and more company start doing things like that, what do you think?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't know, however, the best thing to do is still to email them a formal letter, they will value it a lot more than email. I send some emails to Orange some time ago about my cellphone and the Orange network, because it is utter crap here in Holland. And whenever I am connected (9 out of 10 minutes I'm not connected to the network where I live) I don't get any sms I missed out on, which can take up to 20 hours oO
After sending quite a few emails and having just as many replies, nothing has changed, so I think I'm going to write a formal letter to officially tell them how their service sucks... Of course in a serious way, without being rude :innocent:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
No, it's because there are bots that traverse websites for email addresses that they harvest and then add to spam lists. So, the best way to avoid this is to either provide a contact form or not list an email address at all.

Companies that are too cheap or incapable of coming up with the means to code a contact form into their site choose the latter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.