Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after HOURS of finally getting this machine in running condition, I go home for the weekend. I come back today and let dad set up some shelves in my room while mom and I heads out to pick up some more stuff.

When I got back, I noticed a little something different about my wallpaper. It's gotten grainy and has jagged edges and stuff (that's due to problems adjusting the image, which has been stretched from 1024x768 to 1280x1024. But this still didn't happen before). I discovered that, while starting up, it looks fine until the screen sort of flashes and then it's all grainy.

Upon closer inspection just now, I noticed that none of my desktop icons are being displayed as well.

I'm afraid that's all I can say about that, I think dad downloaded something that likes to break things.

Can anyone help out? I'm sure you're all sick of me by now, but jeez, I've been having horrible luck lately.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
:rotflmao:

right click on the desktop, go to "Arrange Icons by" and make sure "show desktop icons" is checked ;)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
its ok man, at least it'll never happen again, eh? you learned your lesson, now feel free to make someone else look like a douche (go and uncheck their "show desktop icons" and see them get flustered) :p

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Player-X said:
It dosn't
yes it does. try setting a picture that's slightly below your desktop res and choosing "stretch" in the desktop properties. i.e. pick an 800x600 pic and have it stretched if you have a 1024x768 desktop. then turn off desktop icons. it makes the pic look all pixelated.

· Registered
378 Posts
hushypushy said:
:rotflmao:

right click on the desktop, go to "Arrange Icons by" and make sure "show desktop icons" is checked ;)
I can't imagine any legitimate reason for this feature. honestly, its like the ability to drag the start menu around to different parts of the screen. My grandmother does that 3 times a month and can never figure out how to put it back.

· Registered
99 Posts
My grandmother does that 3 times a month and can never figure out how to put it back.
Why don't you just lock the taskbar? :p
yes it does. try setting a picture that's slightly below your desktop res and choosing "stretch" in the desktop properties. i.e. pick an 800x600 pic and have it stretched if you have a 1024x768 desktop. then turn off desktop icons. it makes the pic look all pixelated.
This only happens to me sometimes oO

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
masque said:
I can't imagine any legitimate reason for this feature. honestly, its like the ability to drag the start menu around to different parts of the screen. My grandmother does that 3 times a month and can never figure out how to put it back.
for what feature? the ability to remove icons? maybe you're lazy, and you want all icons off your desktop. i dont have any icons on my desktop, but that's because i dont have any icons, i have XP hide my computer, and i use TweakUI to take off recycle bin ;)

This only happens to me sometimes
i dunno, maybe it has something to do with jpegs? i never get it, because i always have show desktop icons on (showing my 0 icons) :p

· War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Heh, even better is to take a picture of the current desktop (print screen, paste into paint, save, and set as background), hide desktop icons, and hide the taskbar. Then watch the victim pound on the computer for several minutes in frustration :).

I was evil enough to do this to my little bro once. He was really confused - his brand new laptop was acting extremely screwy - none of the buttons worked, start menu didn't work... all he could do was right-click to bring up a menu (as long as he ignored the keyboard - which he kindly did :)).

· Registered
378 Posts
KillerShots said:
Heh, even better is to take a picture of the current desktop (print screen, paste into paint, save, and set as background), hide desktop icons, and hide the taskbar. Then watch the victim pound on the computer for several minutes in frustration :).
so doing this to all of my friends. I have one who's been messing with my car recently.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
you're sooooo dense, Vanit, it's unbelievable.

anyway since this thread has drifted wayyyy off topic (which it did after the first reply :p ) i'm closing it ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.