Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just started getting into computer programing and such and my older brother referred to me on trying out the psx. I thought well alright, I loved the PlayStation console when i was a child so I thought I'd give it a go.

So, I looked up on a torrent good psx downloads, i found some, downloaded it, I either got a message saying "error occurred, try re-installing it may fix the problem" or it was pulling up from my pj64 emulator. :(

So i don't get what to do, it would be awesome if someone would help me out. =\

Maybe I'm downloading bad ones or something? If you have any websites/links you can refer to me, that would be sweet too.

Also it says on it: "This application has failed to start

because d3dx9_26.dll was not found.

re-installing the application may fix this

problem"

What does that mean^^

· pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
I have no idea what you're referring to in that first half (nor would I be allowed to address it anyway, as it seems to involve pirating). Not sure though, since the description of your problem doesn't sound like something involving disc images. Please clarify what you're talking about if it indeed is not related to piracy.

Your second problem (involving d3dx9_26.dll) is a common situation that has been explained way too many times for it to be asked anymore (a simple search either here or on the official forums will turn up enough questions of this same exact kind). Your solution is to update your DirectX installation to the latest version of 9.0c. Meaning, you have to go online and either get (and run) the web installer, or find the latest redist of DirectX (I believe it was last released last month), which is updated every few months.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I listend to what you said..

Right then, I meant in the first part that I found the program from epsxe.com is all.

And I did what you told me. I found the the updates for directx and they're up to date. now i'm getting a completely different message whenever i attempt to start it up.

It's the same thing except replacing the directx one with "zlib 1.dll"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.