Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not get any bios files with the pcsx2-0.8.1 i have also downloaded all the other intel versions and so ever to try get the file. and when configuring, i select the bios folder. but in the bios window as shown here:

is there no bios file selected. where can i download?

· Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Perhaps you missed the rules?

I shall quote the 'required' part you missed:

You will NOT Ask for a BIOS, ISO (or pirated copy of a game), beta or how / where to download them.
The BIOS is copyright of SONY, thus illegal to download, and thus not provided with PCSX2. You have two options, you can dump the BIOS from your own PS2. (readme's / help on google, and a tool to do it one the pcsx2.net site). Or not bother with PS2 emulation and use a real PS2.

· Registered
325 Posts
Apparently, you have not read the rules.
You will NOT Ask for a BIOS, ISO (or pirated copy of a game), beta or how / where to download them.
Anyway, you might have read them, but just wanted to point that out so you wouldn`t make a mistake. The bios file is copyrighted by Sony, so the only legal way to get it is from your ps2. Since it is copyrigted by Sony, the emu authors couldn`t give you the bios as it was illegaly, and could get into trouble because of that.
The emulator won`t work without the bios,though, so you have to have it. Just remeber the rules,ok?
If you want to know more, read Bositman`s Configuration Guide and the pcsx2 FAQ.
Welcome to the forums,btw.
PS: Darn it, you beat me to it CKemu.:cuss2: :D

· Registered
82 Posts
I have the solution to this. Add a javascript function that is triggered on KeyUp in the post textfield, and make it check for the word "Bios". if found, use D-HTML to put a warning box saying DO NOT ASK FOR THE BIOS OR YOU WILL BE BANNED (or whatever).

Seriously, it would be your solution. Please please please do it. Heck, I'll do it if you want.

· Registered
112 Posts
dermeister said:
I have the solution to this. Add a javascript function that is triggered on KeyUp in the post textfield, and make it check for the word "Bios". if found, use D-HTML to put a warning box saying DO NOT ASK FOR THE BIOS OR YOU WILL BE BANNED (or whatever).

Seriously, it would be your solution. Please please please do it. Heck, I'll do it if you want.
We've already stuck it in their faces before they enter the forum, if they don't listen then, why would they listen while their posting?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.