Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FMVs are cut in half, I mean the screen is half black and only a little piece of the movie is shown. Also, the music in the races is strange. Here's my specs:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000000]

For the sound I let the default Eternal SPU's settings.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
hm, a PCI gfx card eh? yuck. first of all try using OpenGL. also, try

- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4

if you have a decent CPU. are you playing off a CD or an ISO?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Tweak your GPU settings, it works fine here but I don't remember with which ones :(
though you may have a problem in game, there's a bug that occurs on rare occasions
making it the bike uncontrallable while its speed miraculously increases :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that glitch doesn't happen to me, and I've changed the setting to what hushypushy recommended and it didn't work. I also have a problem with the music on the races, as the song plays for about 8 seconds and stops and starts over. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, thanks, the ePSXe core resolved the music problem, but the FMVs problem is still there. I tried all kinds of things involving MDEC but I failed miserably. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
1. please do not triple post. there is an edit button for additions. and in the case of bumping it, if no one has a solution, sorry.
2. ummmm
3. have you tried any other emulators? try PSXeven and then PCSX.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Try changing Offscreen drawong settings

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
This problem is kinda similar to Mickey's Wild Adventure....
Music was retified with the core and the Eternal, P.E.Op.s, when used, hangs at the screen when it is loading. (This occurs when Mickey is wiping his watch, taking a look at it...FOREVER. Stuck there.)
This game has no FMVs and the core has very poor effect on FMVs.

Can it be your CDR plugin?
If you are playing it from a ISO, try running it straight the disc.

EDIT: You are already running it from a CD...i forgot. Anyway post your CDR plugin used and change it to SaPu's on my signature below. D/l it and try running it. (My preference would be the P.E.Op.s CDR plugin.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm using Peops CDR plugin, with these configs:

W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands
Drive F:
Read mode: BE_2 (ATAPI SPEC 2)
Caching mode: Thread read
Use additional 4 MB data cache on

Try again on reading error on

Subchannel reading: Don't read subchannels

I leave the subchannels off because I have problems with other games when it's on.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Try updating your graphic drivers... anyways what did you expect with such a card?
MX series suck, PCI cards even more :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I can try updating the drivers, and D3D had the same problem. I haven't tried different emulators however. all my other games run perfectly (even FF7) and it's the first time i run into such problem.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If the internal spu works and the others don't i think it has to do with some spu irq problem. Have you spu irq hack enabled under sound->config? If so, you probably can make the game work using peops or eternal, but you'll have to tweak their internal spu irq fixes to make it work. You should try, eternal and peops sound way better than the internal one.

BTW, about the graphics, with that card you might consider using peops gpu plugin. Will look worse, but gives more chances to get the game working as it's expected to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
alright i can try
i haven't enabled spu irq hack, i'll try that too

Thanks guys, the PEOPS gpu plugin worked quite nicely, but the SPU IRQ hack didn't make any effect, only made the game go slower. I'll stick to using the core spu plugin. Thanks anyway!

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I-Chan...I have issues with certain games. If you have read post #14, the game, Mickey's Wild Adventure has its CDDA music running for about a few seconds before stopping when you try to start a new game.

I was wondering what was the problem. Enabling SPU IRQ hack did not made any changes though. This problem is only rectified with the ePSXe Core SPU plugin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts