Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know that there is a topic already on this but it didnt help me any

i downloaded gpupete175 and put the files in the plugin folder but it still doesnt show up... ive deleted the registry keys and it still doesnt show up

My system is brand new... XP, ATI Radeon 9800 pro, everything is above requirments... but would any of those things affect it?( like the graphic card )??

but the one thing i found that might be helpfull is that beside that... in the registry it has NULL in the last colum beside the video plugin key... would that affect anything

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
did you extract the plugin files, or did you leave them as zip files?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Are you running from a shortcut? If so have you filled in the target directory? Is the plugins folder definately just beneath the ePSXe executable on the directory tree? Are the plugin files in the root of the plugins directory? Are you running ePSXe in a directory with a long filename?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kane said:
Are you running from a shortcut?
If so have you filled in the target directory?
Is the plugins folder definately just beneath the ePSXe executable on the directory tree?
Are the plugin files in the root of the plugins directory?
Are you running ePSXe in a directory with a long filename?
^sorry i rearanged it so i could read it a little easier

1. it isnt a shortcut
2 its located in this way
C:ePSXe.exe/ePSXe/plugins then the plugins are in the folder
3.as for the root of the plugins i dont exactly understand... but thats were the plugins are
4. umm... i normally just run it out of winzip... is that a problem... but i also made a folder in my doc's for it to see if that works and it didnt... I also tried putting it in a folder on the C drive it didnt work, i also tried putting it in C:ePSXe.exe/ePSXe and C:ePSXe.exe/ but that didnt help either...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
just extract the emu to, for example c:\epsxe (no periods!!!). Then, extract the plugins to the folder c:\epsxe\plugins, so you have the dll sitting there, like c:\epsxe\plugins\gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll. Then start the emulator. Don't keep anything compressed, nor run it while compressed.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
QUICK GUIDE TO SETTING ePSXe
This guide will assist you in setting ePSXe to its optimal performance in three easy steps.

First, obtain an Playstation BIOS(Basic Input/Output System).
This will allow the emulator to execute instructions from the BIOS.
The recommanded BIOSes are scph1001.bin and scph7502.bin.

Secondly, obtain one GPU(Graphics Processing Unit), SPU(Sound Processing Unit), and CDR(CD-ROM) plugins from list below. If you are unsure what to download, check Plugin Selections.

GPU
-P.E.O.p.s Software GPU Plugin v1.1.6
-Pete's Direct3D/OpenGL GPU Plugin v1.75
-Pete's OpenGL2 GPU Plugin v2.06
-Lewpy's 3dfx/Glide³ GPU Plugin v1.0.40

SPU
-P.E.Op.S. SPU Plugin v1.9
-Eternal SPU Plugin v.1.41

CDR
-SaPu's CDR Plugin v1.0
-P.E.Op.S. CDR Plugin v1.4
-Mooby2 CDR Image Plugin v2.8

Thirdly, when everything is in place, unzip ePSXe to whereever you want.

Place the BIOS into the bios folder, GPU, SPU and CDR plugins in to the plugins folder UNZIPPED. You should regonise them as .DLLs(Dymanic Link Libraries)

Run ePSXe and go through the the ePSXe Config Setup. If everything is in place, you should see the the BIOS(scph1001.bin or scph7502.bin) when you press CONFIG>>

Select the BIOS and click on NEXT>>

Select the plugins you have installed and click on NEXT>>.
NOTE: ePSXe will not allow you to continue if you did not configure your CDR plugin. Just click on CONFIG and OK to continue to the next screen.

Configure the buttons by clicking on CONTROLLER 1.
NOTE: You cannot configure ENTER and TAB for ePSXe.

Click on NEXT>> and you are done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts