Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i had this problem since FIFA16: I used x360ce for a while, but on reality i really didn´t used it since i lost my controller and decided to continue playing it with the keyboard.
Some time ago, i was trying Citra Emulator, but while opening a rom i got this message: "x360ce - Warning -- Configuration file version does not match x360ce version. Some Options may not work until configuration file will be updated.". I didn´t even tried to put x360ce even close to Citra.
I remembered it was on the FIFA 16 directory, so I erased all x360ce files from there, but after doing that, FIFA started crashing instead of opening with the same message: "x360ce - Warning -- Configuration file version does not match x360ce version. Some Options may not work until configuration file will be updated." After i clicked continue, the game just closed.
So ye, the program was "uninstalled" but yet somehow it was attached to the game, AND to a program i never linked it. So after A LOT of tries for erasing everything "x360ce" related on my PC, i gave up and downloaded and configurated it again on FIFA 16, and everything started working after a few tries installing it also on Citra too.
Now i bought FIFA 18, and AGAIN i have this error "x360ce - Warning -- Configuration file version does not match x360ce version. Some Options may not work until configuration file will be updated.". I never even tried to install it there neither, but i can´t play my game at all. Remembering what happened with Citra, i tried installing it with similar configurations as FIFA 16 (like the xinput1_4.dll) but it still doesn´t work (the message dissapeared, now the game opens on black screen and crashes and close almost intantly).
I erased it form FIFA 18 directory, from Citra and FIFA 16, I made a search for "x360ce" in every directory on my computer, and erased a lot of stuff on c: i never saw before. It still crashes with the same message, as if the program has invaded my computer for good.

Look, i don´t want to use x360ce, i don´t need it. Neither i want to be configurating it on every game that i buy just because i tried using it once. I´m tired and angry, and i really need your help on this one, because google searches didn´t lead me anywhere.

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved for all the programs. Thank you Squall very much, i dunno if you want to give some details about the situation and its solution, if somebody else happens to have a similar problem (but, as i didn´t find anything related to this on google, i doubt it lol).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was a matter of a dll file being in a place it shouldn't have been.
hey there can u give me advice on what files to look for? i have the same problem, i deleted x360ce every game folder i used it, searched my pc for all x360ce files and deleted them, but when i start a game i still get the configuration file error and my game crashes

Edit: Found Some Xinput dlls in my System and Syswow folders, deleted them and it worked ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey there can u give me advice on what files to look for? i have the same problem, i deleted x360ce every game folder i used it, searched my pc for all x360ce files and deleted them, but when i start a game i still get the configuration file error and my game crashes

Edit: Found Some Xinput dlls in my System and Syswow folders, deleted them and it worked ;)
how did you do it? i don't think its safe to delete some files there. i have the same problem, which files did you delete?

·
Registered
1 Posts
man, wtf have you done to your windows install.

msg me teamviewer details so i can fix your shit.

no way that x360ce can do this all on its own.
Hey I was using xbox360ce for ride3 with my logitech g29 but somehow xbox360ce is working all times and i cant play any games with it i cant delete it i suspect that when i first opened xbox360ce it wasnt on any game directory so i think it put the xinput dlls to somewhere i cant find please help me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem solved for all the programs. Thank you Squall very much, i dunno if you want to give some details about the situation and its solution, if somebody else happens to have a similar problem (but, as i didn´t find anything related to this on google, i doubt it lol).
man please help me
can you plz mail the details to : [email protected]

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts