Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
ライチュウ|タオ
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that one of the stickers has been punctured, revealing one of the Torx screws. Does this mean it's been modded? Or do you think Gamestop opened it when they "cleaned" the console? Or do you think it's a coincidence that it's an almost perfect circle punctured into this sticker? :lol:

I did turn it on, by the way, and it booted up to the MS Dash where it prompted me to enter the Date, Time, etc. Not a custom dash or anything.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Without a custom dash I doubt it's modded. There are 3 stickers that have torx screws under them, the rest are under the rubber feet.

In that case, you need to softmod that ****er, stat. :D

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
either an attempt or an actual modding. that's what i'd say. but if it has been modded, it's no bad thing in my eyes. softmodding my xbox was the best things i have done in ages since now it's a brilliant media player (i use XBMC as my dash)

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Maybe it was refurbished? They take or used to take in broken systems and repair them and resell them. Plus if you have a system with a warranty and it breaks, they replace your system, but they try to fix the broken one and sell it as a refurb, although after Feb 9th, they will no longer take XBOX Trade ins, system or games or peripherals.

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
when cleaning it up i am almost certain they opened it to clean up the inside of the console, if someone modded it i doubt the stickers would be in that great of condition so i am sure gamestop did that.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
if you head for google the information to softmodding is a very well documented process and quite easy to do. I've done it myself just last year to see what the go was and to my surprise it is very easy to accomplish and the end results are incredible.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Buy that **** yo. I'm sure that accessories for the XBOX 1 can't be too incredibly expensive since it's the XBOX 1. If you think so, then you're comparable to Paratech in terms of cheapness. :p I mean, come on now, how expensive can those things be for a last-gen system? Softmodding my Wii is the best thing that I've done in recent memory. Well worth the risk. I'm sure that doing the same for an XBOX will be worth it as well.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
The only thing is, I don't want to buy an Action Replay, and I don't have an Xbox to usb cord at the moment, so I'm kinda screwed[hotswapping sounds risky..].
How to softmod your xbox...for FREE

Hotswapping isn't really risky at all, and there's a better method than the "quickly switch IDE cables" route. Put any song on the HDD, play it in the dash, then pause at any time. From there you have as much time as you want to get the cables switched. :)

I've softmodded quite a few XBoxes this way and have never had the slightest hitch in doing so.

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
i chopped one of my xbox controllers so it would work on computer and used that to transfer a splinter cell save game to a memory card. then used that memory card on my xbox through my untouched controller. plus the XBOX Controller S makes a damn good pc pad.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Controller S was the best PC pad until the advent of the 360 pad + wireless receiver. :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I agree with that much. The lack of any sort of configuration in Microsoft's drivers is pretty painful (triggers are both on the Z-axis... ugh), but I think the convenience of wireless controllers (especially when a lot of friends are over) outweighs that fact.

XBCD does rule, too.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts