Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
4GB HDD space for the install but it needs 3GB total memory (2GB RAM and 1GB VRAM) to play? that sounds wrong.....unless it's all just one gigantic level...which would be incredibly stupid...but would explain the high processor requirements.

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
Processor, got it covered, video card hmm, just a cheap one, like Geforce 9400 1gb of RAM :). This is not my kind of game, so I wouldn't playe it :p

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
actually looks kinda fun, will try when it comes out. lol

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
The vram amount is ridiculous.
I see another Crysis waiting to happen. I have only 256mb vram lol (not upgrading until december or next year.)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Crysis got some huge ridicule for that, but it had alot of hype backing it up, and it still got slammed as a terrible game when it was still a decent one in alot of ways. I can't see this going anywhere. The concept sounds decent, until you realize again it's yet another War game, World War II at that.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I haven't tried it, but it looks rather good for all the bashing it received. It was simply overhyped for the time.

This game does look generic, but will gain fans just for the vram requirements.

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I didn't read anything but the first and last pages, but it was also said that hard drive space will be just 1GB, and RAM requirements are 1GB (2GB for Windows Vista). It was also mentioned that the CPU requirements won't be steep, and unless you have one of the faster Penryn class Core 2s or the most expensive Core i7, or whatever AMD has to offer at those speeds, having a 3GHz dual core at stock is impossible (they don't make requirements based on overclocking).

Those might be recommendations, but requirements? I'd say requirements may fall between what was stated in that thread and what Steam is stating.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Requirement is much lower than that. You need at least 1GB of RAM and 256MB VRAM on a card that supports at least pixel shader 2.0.

I think it's yet another one of those "typos" that we have had so much of lately...

Like that $9.99 HD4850 about three weeks ago. Sad fact is that people don't seem to "read" anymore on their jobs these days.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
a quad is cheap these days. No biggie.
If it says specifically a "3GHz dual core", I would like to deduce that a 2.4GHz (for example) quad core couldn't then fit the bill. It depends on how multi-threaded the program is, and even if it can support more than two cores, it depends on how efficiently it can. It'd be very rare for it to be 100% all the time, so that wouldn't mean a 1.5GHz quad core would be good. 3GHz is at least 3GHz, and two cores is at least two cores. You have to fit both, unless you know for a fact that the game is multi-threaded beyond that.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well as it's part of a RTS series I would say Quad support should be no problem.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.