Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Nintendo DS emulator that is able to play few demos (still unreleased) might be discontinued by the looks of it.

The webpage now has a huge "Sorry we're closed" sign. The screenshots are still there though.

Check it out:

http://www.hyperds.com/

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
The HyperDS (team) seems like a bunch of complete whiners.. always finding a reason to do something dramatic..

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
cooliscool said:
The HyperDS (team) seems like a bunch of complete whiners.. always finding a reason to do something dramatic..

that kinda reminds me what happened with Rascalboy advance, it was a simple hack on their website.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Dude i just saw that also, I hope their not done...

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Yeah haven't heard anything about them stopping .. would suck if it's dead.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
maybe they are just redesigning the site

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Is it just me, or is the ambition and hype for emulation coming down a bit now? If you look at it, are people REALLY that interested in emulation anymore?

I will be honest with you, I have been following emulation for YEARS! My only real patience is for PCSX2...I am not sure if I will follow any other emulation project after that....but then again, who knows...right? :D

r2rX :D

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
if you build it, the noobs will come.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ready2rumbelX said:
Is it just me, or is the ambition and hype for emulation coming down a bit now? If you look at it, are people REALLY that interested in emulation anymore?

I will be honest with you, I have been following emulation for YEARS! My only real patience is for PCSX2...I am not sure if I will follow any other emulation project after that....but then again, who knows...right? :D

thats a matter of personal opinion. i feel quite the opposite. now that the next emulators will be more like a 'proof-of-concept' then an actual 'alternative' to the console, i just cant wait to see how some people will be able to pull this off.

from here on out, the next consoles will be practically impossible to emulate...or will they? <---(the reason why emulation is interesting...you never know :))

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Yeah I agree just personal preference .. there is a tons of stuff being released and being developed but not everyone is going to get excited about it all or even follow it all.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
As Chrono has mentioned, it will be very interesting, but at the same time....I know, as well as you guys, that it will be very tough to emulate these new gen consoles...we don't have stable xbox, gamecube or PS2 emu's yet....not that I don't appreciate the work done so far (cause I admire this effort from individuals around the world)...but if you look at it, by the time we (ever) get stable emulation of todays consoles, the PS4 will already be in development, then the PS3 emu project starts etc...

All the previous-gen consoles were realistic to emulate...but, I don't think it will be the case anymore....not that the coders can't do it, cause believe me...they can....it's a matter of the public having ridiculously fast rigs to accomodate the emu....I don't picture everyone with top of the line 64 bit machines and SLi's of X850's etc..

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Well you also have to think of the different stuff in emuation. For one, the 4x textures for n64 games is awesome if you ask me, give people some cool stuff to do on the programmer side and the everyday person side. Also with the psp and all the emuation that can be done on that...it will be cool to see what they can do on that.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keith said:
Or even emulating older systems on the next generation consoles coming out.
your right.with more and more powerfull consoles, i think emulation is heading that way for sure, at least its gonna be a major part of the scene compared to the 'old' days

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, I remember when I first heard about the dreamcast doing snes stuff and what not...it's so awesome to me...I couldn't explain it if I tried though.

·
Registered
774 Posts
In a way though, it's kinda dissapointing to think that we are no longer going to be able to make emulators at full speed for the upcoming consoles. At least not for years and years to come. Back when UltraHLE was first released it blew us all away, and everyone was waiting for that to happen again. But, it just never materialized. I understand the technical reasons behind this now, a lot better than when UltraHLE was released. Still, I can't help but feel a little bit sorry because of it.

I dunno, I guess there's still a lot of work to do before emulator authors throw in the towel. Even after all this time, there are still no consoles emulated with 100% accuracy. And there are tons of arcade systems to emulate, not to mention the work still left to be done in emulating the N64, Sega Saturn, PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, ect. And, we can't forget about the handheld systems. They should even be emulatable at full speed on today's hardware.

Heh, actually after thinking about how much room for progress there is left, I don't feel quite so bad anymore :).

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Unless technology of todays computers increases 100% in the next couple of years, we won't emulate present or future-gen consoles.

What I do see, which has been mentioned, is that emulation will be ported from PC to console i.e N64 or PS2 on XBOX 360, or Ninty Revolution etc..or SNES or Genesis on the PSP etc..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am pretty sure we can emulate the ps2 and nintendo ds at full speed on current pcs.i mean think dual core 3.4 ghz and a ati x1900 that could emulate everything out today psp nintendo ds ps2 gamecube at full speed if their are people dedicated enough to spend all their free time on making emulators for them and optimizing them. a lot of authors stop making their emulator after a while.

by the way what was the old hyperds homepage website address?

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
This is a pritty old thread...

www.hyperds.com, but it says the domain is up for sale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts