Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· playing FGO
10,942 Posts
About the AMD Athlon™ MP Processor

The AMD Athlon MP processor is a seventh-generation x86 processor designed for high-performance multiprocessing servers and workstations. A key advantage of AMD’s multiprocessing platform is Smart MP technology, which greatly enhances overall platform performance by increasing data movement between the two CPUs, chipset and memory system. Smart MP technology features dual point-to-point, high-speed 266MHz system buses with Error Correcting Code (ECC) support designed to provide up to 2.1GB per second per CPU of bus bandwidth in a dual-processor system. Smart MP technology also has an optimized Modified Owner Exclusive Shared Invalid (MOESI) cache coherency protocol that manages data and memory traffic in a multiprocessing environment.

The AMD Athlon MP processor features the patented QuantiSpeed™ architecture, which includes a high performance full-speed cache with hardware data pre-fetch, a fully pipelined superscalar floating point engine, and an exclusive L2 Translation Look-aside Buffer (TLB). The processor also incorporates 3DNow!™ Professional technology, which has 51 new instructions that extend AMD’s 3DNow! technology, enabling smoother, richer and more lifelike images, more precise digital audio and an enriched Internet experience.

The AMD Athlon MP processor is compatible with AMD’s stable Socket A infrastructure, and supports DDR memory technology.

from the website, btw. :p

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by iEvolutions
hey is athlon AMP better than xp???
read bout somthing better than xp was comin out....
is amp it???
There is no athlon amp.. You are probably talking about the athlon MP.. The athlon mp's are geared more toward dual processor server boards.. A lone mp is only as good or as a athlon tbird 1.4 gig-C.. Xp is currently the best amd athlon at the moment.. The next chip from amd is going to be the The amd Hammer x86-64 which will be able to run 64bit apps of the future and old 32 bit apps that we use right now.. You can go and check www.anandtech.com for some indepth specs and performance benchmarks of both the Xp and MP as well as learn about the amd Hammer..

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
aite, thx for the info you guys

wutever....i'll get tbird n o/c it...
man the config i got for my new comp (the one i said i'm gettin..prob dun remember me talkin bout this.....or better yet...remember me..)
anyways...yeah it'll cost me about $2400.00 or mayb lower....friend might get it dropped a couple of hundred...
if u want....i'll put the stuff on....

· Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
processor: AMD® K7 Thunderbird™ 1.4G w/266Mhz FSB OEM (Socket A)
mobo: MSI K7T266 Pro2 KT266A 266Mhz FSB 1AGP4x/5PCI/3DDR W/Sound Socket A ATA-100
ram: two 512MB PC2100 266Mhz 184pin DDR (OEM)
sound card: Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy Digital 5.1 OEM w/IEEE 1394
vid card: Asus v8200 GeForce3 Pure 64MB AGP Retailspeakers: Creative SoundWorks FPS1600 four speakers w/Subwoofer
network card (puttin this comp in my room): D-Link 530TX+ 10/100 network card retail boxed
cd roms: AOpen 40x20x10 JustLink IDE CD Writer w/Software + Sony 52x IDE CDROM
fans: three(gonna o/c the tbird) Alpha PAL8045 (Socket A, Socket 370) Processor Fan
should i put case in???
keyboard: Logitech Internet Multimedia PS2 keyboard
monitor: AOC 17" 7Klr .25 1600x1200 (Flat)
hd: Maxtor 40.9GB HD 7200rpm 2MB (Ultra ATA-133)
disk drive...
and gettin my led's on my keyboard changed 2 blue and for tower....power is gona b kept green, hd is gonna be blue
my mouse....think i should get it together with the system....anyways its logitech optical wheel mouse
printer.....dunno if i want a new one......cause i already got one...but its crappy....but at least i got one.......its a Canon BJC-2000.....

software: winXP pro

all this for $2400 but remember what i wrote above.....it might get lowered

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.