Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I understand the nullDC crew is very busy and have IRL lives, but I was just curious how 1.0.4 is coming? I've got 1.0.3 up and (mostly) running on my games and been using it for quite a while now, but I've seen several of the issues that others have reported (and supposed to be fixed according to the official progress report thread) and would really like to try out the new version.

Also asking because the official progress report is from 6 months ago, so kind of moldy oldy... ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also asking because the official progress report is from 6 months ago, so kind of moldy oldy... ;)
I prefer to wait for a stable release (it should come with a good pack of fixes) that don´t miss any usual feature, than a new release with untested features and more bugs.

These new nullDC features are just enough for me (from the official progress report):

• New maple plugin with joy pad support by Falcon4ever.
  • nullDC now has a logo and a new icon!
  • Audio streaming interface can busy-wait so that syncing is smooth even with very large buffers (2048+) [nullAICA]

More important fixes for the new release are:
  • SPG sample interpolation bug fixes improve sound quality. [nullAICA] --That sound glitches...
  • Disc swapping still does not work on some cases (ie: D2). --If swapping for D2 is fixed I could finish this game in nullDC...

Don´t wrong me I like other new features and of curse other fixes (they even could increase interest in nullDC developing and maintaining), but they seem long to implement and even longer to test and debug for a closer new release. Although I´ll wait for developers/testers news...

Edit: I would like to see a new logo in a future release (there were a contest a year ago...)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
I prefer to wait for a stable release (it should come with a good pack of fixes) that don´t miss any usual feature, than a new release with untested features and more bugs.

These new nullDC features are just enough for me (from the official progress report):

• New maple plugin with joy pad support by Falcon4ever.
  • nullDC now has a logo and a new icon!
  • Audio streaming interface can busy-wait so that syncing is smooth even with very large buffers (2048+) [nullAICA]

More important fixes for the new release are:
  • SPG sample interpolation bug fixes improve sound quality. [nullAICA] --That sound glitches...
  • Disc swapping still does not work on some cases (ie: D2). --If swapping for D2 is fixed I could finish this game in nullDC...

Don´t wrong me I like other new features and of curse other fixes (they even could increase interest in nullDC developing and maintaining), but they seem long to implement and even longer to test and debug for a closer new release. Although I´ll wait for developers/testers news...
joypad support is xinput only i think >.>

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
ah, no his plugins are SDL (so you need sdl.dll)
Shuffle2's is xinput :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brazilian gamer/emu fan here, waiting anxiously for your wonderful piece of software that will allow me to enjoy Shenmue 2, Ecco, Jet Grind Radio, etc. with 360 controller. Thank you for the great work, even if you never release 1.0.4 (god forbid!) :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
In Nulldc Naomi, the game 'Ikaragu' is horizontal, I hope something is added to 1.04 to correct this, Love this game!!

Keep having to reset screen resolution for full screen everytime i start a game.

Also Hope something is done to rectify errors 51 & 54.

·
Time Lord
2,067 Posts
Th analogue controls of JSR are supported on 1.6b pretty well. in 1.0.3 the game is unplayable. The Shenmue games dont really need analogue controls as you use the d-pad to move Ryo around

·
Registered
53 Posts
oh pen sauce, if only.

The progress of dolphin makes me wish everything went that way now.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Dolphin is a mess, i wouldn't wish that development team on anyone. Too many relative newbies hacking **** into the source without a clue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah, but then at least it's kinda regular? and always being worked on.

But I don't really know all the ins and outs.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.