Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

· UnCool
59 Posts
So are you saying that we should just keep going as we are and ignore global warming?
but what about my world domination plan?

· Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
I think that we should adopt the concept of being as efficient as we can with our energy expenditures, how much waste we produce, adopt other measures that will allow us to abandon our pure reliance on fossil fuels, and drift away from the ridiculous amount of resources we use in favour of more sustainable sources, but I just disagree with the notion that we are the sole reason why global warming occurs.

· UnCool
59 Posts
You do know that it's easier said than done?, half of the people I know don't really care about environment and global warming.
I agree that we are not the sole reason, but isn't being one of the reason bad enough?

· band
5,270 Posts
Linux is probably in most homes these days at least in the form of one or more embedded devices :p

· UnCool
59 Posts
So it's a diabolical plan by Linux to destroy the world by sneaking into our homes. what a way to go.

· Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Humans don't cause global warming, it is a natural event that has happened many times before in earths history and is caused by the big angry ball of fire in the sky known as the sun. Most people can't see past their own noses to understand that. What we do cause however is relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean that we can't easily reduce the amount of waste that we produce.
That's the important bit. Not to mention the massive deforestation that takes place everyday.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Destroying it would be counteractive to my goals?

how can i rule it with bree at my side?

· There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
13,131 Posts
That's not funny!!! :mad:
I would get some popcorn and sit back watching the naive, judgemental and emotionally unstable people blow it up instead.

It's funny. You are a weirdo man, you think like a child and are too quick to claim righteousness. Maybe you're the bomb?
OH NOES, UR THE BOMB NOW, MAN!

AAAAHHHHHHH *runs to hide from the bomb*

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I'd eat it, one bite at a time. On top of that, the farts and burps contribute to global warming.

· Registered
1,658 Posts
My world destruction plan 2

I would go to the asteroid belt and make all of the asteroid destroy all planet except Earth and inter make a planet just as heavy as the sun and the Earth would be pulled to atoms by the gravity fight between the two

· Super Moderator
5,548 Posts
Humans don't cause global warming, it is a natural event that has happened many times before in earths history and is caused by the big angry ball of fire in the sky known as the sun. Most people can't see past their own noses to understand that. What we do cause however is relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean that we can't easily reduce the amount of waste that we produce.
You are not correct. It's human-caused, and it will continue for centuries even --- yes if greenhouse-gas emissions are stabilized.

The report describes an accelerating transition to a warmer world marked by more extreme temperatures, heat waves, new wind patterns, worsening drought in some regions, heavier precipitation in others, melting glaciers and Arctic ice, and rising global average sea levels. As global warming melts the world's ice sheets, rising sea levels are not the only danger. Viruses hidden for thousands of years may thaw and escape - and we will have no resistance to them. It is going to be EVERYWHERE. We are not safe anymore.

If you believe in the name of God and the bible you will know that NO ONE knows when Armageddon will come and only God knows! However, if you don't believe in the name of God then Armagedoon will come to pass anyway. Think about it.

· Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
I am correct in my belief that we are not the sole cause of global warming.

Yes the polar ice caps are melting more, but what you don't often hear is that they freeze more as well. Funny how news reports neglect that little piece of information.

As for greenhouse gases, yes we cause quite a lot, but in the grand scheme of things we do not contribute the highest amount of carbon dioxide or whatever it is (the warmed oceans from the sun contribute the most), what we contribute is a small percentage. But if you think that it is bad now, with all the animal farming releasing large amounts of methane, think what it would have been like during the age of the dinosaur.

We live in a time where the globe is going coming off a cooling point and rising to a heat peak, it has happened many many times before our time on earth, and will happen many many times after we are gone. It is the natural cycle of the planet and the cosmos. Instead of thinking selfishly that we are the sole cause will lead to much misinformation, something the media likes to thrive on as it generates controversy and ratings. I have also spoken a lot with local farmers from my area and from around the state of which I live in and they all tell me the same things as these indie scientists who are exploring the global warming phenomenon. Now who should I believe, reporters who struggle to refrain from bias journalism, or men who have lived on the land and worked with it for their whole lives?

I go with experience, rather than fluff.

· Super Moderator
5,548 Posts
I am correct in my belief that we are not the sole cause of global warming.
No, you are what you think, you are what you believe. Yes, we are the sole cause of global warming, definitely. Yes!

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
No, you are what you think, you are what you believe. Yes, we are the sole cause of global warming, definitely. Yes!
Indeed.

It's not like the earth has gone through periods of warming and cooling over its billions of years in existence or that we're actually coming out of an ice age...:rolleyes:
*sarcasm*

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.