Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought of many various things such as using hardware to intercept the data when the card was scanned, but I can't figure any of it out. Basically I'm wondering, when emulating a Nintendo e-Reader, how can I use dot code data cards inside the emulation? Or better yet, how do I rip these codes from the card to use as a .bin, .sav or other various file format?

I apologize if this was already inquired, you see I tried searching and found nothing of value and I'm pretty curious to see how this would work out. :dead:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've thought of many various things such as using hardware to intercept the data when the card was scanned, but I can't figure any of it out. Basically I'm wondering, when emulating a Nintendo e-Reader, how can I use dot code data cards inside the emulation? Or better yet, how do I rip these codes from the card to use as a .bin, .sav or other various file format?

I apologize if this was already inquired, you see I tried searching and found nothing of value and I'm pretty curious to see how this would work out. :dead:
Well...
no$gba has support for loading dotcodes from image files (*.bmp iirc) so you can use a scanner for that purpose.

Also, if you look around on Internet, you'll find web pages with information about creating/dumping/ripping your own e-reader dotcodes.
Like caitsith2, which has a dotcode bin maker...

Another way around is to look at the dotcode strip from your cards and manually create the *.bin files bit by bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.