Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bring more congestion in here, but I can't find any definitive source on exactly how well I'll be able to run games with my new computer. I can only find the bare-bones minimum requirements for Dolphin.

Anyways;

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5Ghz
Nvidia 260GTX
6GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 64bit

I'm mostly worried about my processor, as I heard Dolphin was VERY CPU intensive. The game of mine I want to run most is Wind Waker, and maybe TP.

Would I be able to run these games at good speeds (27-30FPS)?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
You will very likely need to OC your CPU to achieve full speed in all areas.

FlotsamX said:
I can't find any definitive source on exactly how well I'll be able to run games with my new computer.
Yeah, and you're not going to find one anywhere. Performance can vary wildly between different games and different revisions. Really, the best solution is to just try it out yourself. It's not like Dolphin costs money.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Well, it depends on what you're looking at. Areas with a lot of polygons, textures, and detail shaders tend to cause some pretty annoying slowdowns, but otherwise, the games run great.

In my own experience, TP runs better than WW.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, and you're not going to find one anywhere. Performance can vary wildly between different games and different revisions. Really, the best solution is to just try it out yourself. It's not like Dolphin costs money.
Would it be fair to say then that Dolphin isn't yet as optimized as it will be/is planned to be? Overclocking isn't an option for me at the moment, I'm afraid. The best I can do is just try different settings and plugins, and hope one setup works well.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
It's not as optimized as say, PCSX2, nor does it have all those great speedhacks that we all love.

However, little by little, with every revision, it gets faster and more stable. Dolphin just needs some more time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not as optimized as say, PCSX2, nor does it have all those great speedhacks that we all love.

However, little by little, with every revision, it gets faster and more stable. Dolphin just needs some more time.
Well that was half the fun of seeing No$GBA's development, I guess it's just reliving that excitement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.