Next Generation Emulation banner

How well does No$GBA run via W.I.N.E.? (windows Emulator)

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dels 
#1 ·
Soon, I'm going to install Yellow Dog (A linux OS) on my PS3, and I think it would be AWESOME if I could store all my emulated stuff on my PS3 too.

No$GBA is the best DS emulator I've tried so far, far ahead of that french one...sorry, can't remember the name, Desmume or something, but as there's no Linux version yet, I'll have to run it through an emulator...how ironic. An emulator required to run an emulator.

So, how does No$GBA fare under W.I.N.E.? How about with No$ZOOMER on? the Zoomer DEVOURS RAM like a beast...

#2 ·
I know that NO$GBA works well on Wine, but I don't know about NO$Zoomer.

#3 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)

The name 'Wine' derives from the recursive acronym Wine Is Not an Emulator.
Wine is a wrapper rather than an emulator. It allows you to run Windows applications on another OS, however, the machine's architecture must be the same. Since the PS3 is PowerPC based, and normal PCs are x86 based, Wine won't let you play No$GBA (or any other standard windows app) on PS3. There is an X86 emulator for PS3 that people have used to get Windows 95 running slowly, but it is too slow to run any games on.

If any of the emus have a PowerPC version (typically for older OSX) that could work. However Sony seriously gimped the PS3 in Linux, so you would get better performance out of a 6 year old PC than on a PS3.

#4 ·
its a ****ing emulator and i'll slap anyone silly that says otherwise.

#6 ·
@???
the discussion is about no$zoomer can work or not on WINE... not if WINE was Windows Emulator or Wrapper... so lets forget for a while that definition and back to topic since i would like to know also for this probability... since i currently use Desmume for Linux

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.