Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW I don't know if you know this(and every person that requested converting of Suikoden 2)but it doesn't matter if you use your save or someone else save,the end result is the same

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
cheat master can u convert this http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/suikoden_iii_a.max to psv file? i really need it.. glad if u can help
There is a way but I can't use it,because I don't have PS3 nor most of the other requirements
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2-game-save-editing-for-the-PS3

BTW I don't know if you know this(and every person that requested converting of Suikoden 2)but it doesn't matter if you use your save or someone else save,the end result is the same
Yes,I said that like million times but no one listen and they continue to request those saves(converting those ps1 card saves into ps2 card saves don't consume a lot of time(I do it for ~15 seconds)so it's not big deal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Cheat Master...I really need help with the Suikoden 2 save file, but mine is in the ".mem" format is there a problem? Please help me convert this file to ps2 mmcard if you can! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I highly doubt that you'll find out if I give you one of the above cards.Why no one want to believe that no matter how you played Suikoden2,once you import the Suikoden2 save into Suikoden3 you won't get anything different.

What is this ".mem" card,I can't open it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
.mem is the format of memory card used by the emulator "emurayden" I played this game a long time ago and now that the suikoden 3 asks for the 2 data I tought that it had some impact on the game, but if that's not the case I'll play it without it anyway! thx for the information!

·
Registered
89 Posts
help ..

hi cheatmaster can u help me use my suikoden 2 saved game to play for suikoden 3.here's my saved game..

the 2nd slot data will do .. thanks alot :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use any of the cards that I converted already.
You won't find ANY difference no matter which one of them you use.

The result in Suikoden 3 is always the same regardless of how you played Suikoden 2.

I'm in the same situation RE Suikoden 2 to 3 save data.

I think the only thing that will change between all those save files you kindly converted will be the hero names those players gave to their player characters, and brief mentions of the army names during a historical conversation by your new strategists.

Nobody gets their exact levels of Meg [Belle], Futch and Viki. They get a generic Suikoden 3 slightly-higher version of those playable characters, with [I assume] no extra equipment or fancy runes that you may have attached. The latter fact is making me pout quite a bit as I deliberately loaded those three with Rage/Thunder runes in the hope of transferring something genuinely useful from all my hard work.

If anyone knows this information to be false, please DO let me know because being proved wrong about this would strangely make my day! :wub:

Edit: Assuming none of those clearly devoted Suikoden players named their heroes something obnoxious like SirBollocks with the army of CircleJerk, then I'm more than happy to use one of the three you already made!

Edit 2: If anyone's interested the game saves offered so far are the heroes Paul at level 60, Charlie at level 61, and Ardy at level 99. I haven't checked yet whether they are all registered as 108 Stars Compliant, however anyone desperate enough to ask for the transfer is more than likely to have played a perfect game.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a different situation
I want to play Suikoden 3 in my PS2 and I want to load the save data from Suikoden 2
I have got the save data (with .gme format) and I have converted it into .max using the steps in previous page
then I transferred the .max file from USB flashdisk into PS2 memory card by using AR MAX (the .max is readable and can be copied into memory card)
there is a corrupted data in PS2 memory card which I assume it's Suikoden 2 save data.

the problem is, when I want to load the save data in the game, it always said that there is no Suikoden 2 save data
is there something that I did wrong?

thank you :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
If you converted the gme correctly(create .max save with PS2 Save Builder)you wouldn't endup with corrupted save.

1.Open the gme card with MemcardRex
2.Select the save and export it to raw
3.Open the PS2 Save Builder,click on the first icon to create new save and drag drop the raw save that you extracted.Copy the raw save name and paste it in Root\ID and save as .max

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you converted the gme correctly(create .max save with PS2 Save Builder)you wouldn't endup with corrupted save.

1.Open the gme card with MemcardRex
2.Select the save and export it to raw
3.Open the PS2 Save Builder,click on the first icon to create new save and drag drop the raw save that you extracted.Copy the raw save name and paste it in Root\ID and save as .max
the file .max isn't corrupted on PC (the file name is BASLUS-00958GS2-1.max)
but when I copied it from USB flashdisk into PS2 memory card by using AR MAX, it showed Corrupted Data on PS2 Memory Card Browser

41 - 60 of 211 Posts