Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is there anyway that I could set my controls up so that my mouse behaves as the pointer for the wiimote? I'm using Dolphin 2.0 (dunno the exact distribution) with a Logitech MX518 mouse. I tried searching, not much turns up.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Bleh I forgot the new plugin isn't like the old plugin where everything was already mapped. You will need to click "configure" under the drop down and map the functions to the mouse, although I'm not sure if that is still possible with the new Wiimote plugin. You will want to map "Ir", for devices choose KB/Mouse from the drop down. Then you just click on the blank space next to Up/Down/Left Right, and just move your mouse in that direction to map the mouse.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
In your case, I believe it's under 'Button Mapping' where you can select keyboard/mouse settings.

Though I find it odd that you are having problems. I currently have Dolphin set to use my PS3 gamepad as an input device and the mouse works perfectly fine in games that support the Wiimote's pointing capability. I've also never had to setup Dolphin to specifically utilize my mouse ever since pointer emulation via mouse input was introduced.

Are you playing a game that doesn't even support pointing?

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Oh, you are using an old build with the old plugin if I am not mistaken.

All you need to do is select the emulated Wiimote and you should already be able to use the mouse in Wii games that use the pointer. For Super Mario Galaxy, you need to enable CPU -> EFB access or the pointer won't work, or at least won't work to pick up startbits just to let you know.

I would recommend that you try a newer build/revision since there have been fixes and new features that have been added since the official 2.0 release. You can check the link in my signature for builds, my last build was uploaded a few or so days ago, but I will probably compile and upload a new build tomorrow (hopefully) depending on how my internet connection is running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, you are using an old build with the old plugin if I am not mistaken.

All you need to do is select the emulated Wiimote and you should already be able to use the mouse in Wii games that use the pointer. For Super Mario Galaxy, you need to enable CPU -> EFB access or the pointer won't work, or at least won't work to pick up startbits just to let you know.

I would recommend that you try a newer build/revision since there have been fixes and new features that have been added since the official 2.0 release. You can check the link in my signature for builds, my last build was uploaded a few or so days ago, but I will probably compile and upload a new build tomorrow (hopefully) depending on how my internet connection is running.
Still no luck after trying your builds. Are there any options I have to enable in those?

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Well with the newer builds you will need to manually map the functions, just make sure you have KB/Mouse selected and map the IR pointer to the mouse. All you will need to do to map is move the mouse in the direction you want to map the IR function (Up/Down/Left/Right) to on the mouse.

You might need to enable CPU -> EFB access for Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 at least.

By the way, what are your specifications and what game are you trying? Is the cursor for the pointer not moving or are some pointer functions not working such as collecting starbits in Super Mario Galaxy?

It would help to know the exact issue. :)

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
I would honestly seriously consider getting a USB bluetooth dongle, wiimote/nunchuck and wireless sensor bar.

It will make your Dolphin experience a million times better

I got my set of the above listed items from ebay (Hong Kong seller) for a third of the prices charged in retail shops here in Australia and the wiimote/nunchuck are the official Nintendo made ones ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I'll probably end up getting something to work my wiimote w/ my PC.

But yeah, the game in question is in fact Super Mario Galaxy 2, and everything to do with pointing isn't working, not just collecting starbits. I can still play the game though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a real Wiimote and nunchuck so how can I go about setting up dolphin so that I just use the mouse as a pointer but my controllers for everything else? I sort of got it so the mouse points but it's very shaky and the pointer always returns to the center of the screen. For reference I'm using SVN R 6331M

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
You can't as far as I know

You will need to get a sensor bar

I got mine for $4 AUD on ebay ;)

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
Set the Input Source to "Hybrid Wiimote" in the Wiimote configuration window. Basically, this allows you to control the game using a mix of real and emulated controls.
If it works right, you should be able to use your real Wiimote+Nunchuk controls while still using the mouse as the pointer...

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
^^Well there you go, I was wrong

·
princess
1 Posts
Bleh I forgot the new plugin isn't like the old plugin where everything was already mapped. You will need to click "configure" under the drop down and map the functions to the mouse, although I'm not sure if that is still possible with the new Wiimote plugin. You will want to map "Ir", for devices choose KB/Mouse from the drop down. Then you just click on the blank space next to Up/Down/Left Right, and just move your mouse in that direction to map the mouse.
okay, but what do I map IR Forward, IR Backward, and IR Hide to? and why am I unable to use Tippi?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts