Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** Make sure that Dolphin is looking for ISOs and WADs in the same directory as your desired ISO file. The game should show up in the console window.

Right click the game and select 'Properties', then click 'Edit Config' on the bottom-left corner of the window that pops up. This should open a .INI file in Notepad. Move the cursor below the line that says [Gecko]. Paste the codes from the TXT file you downloaded from GeckoCodes.org. If you got codes from another source i.e. Brawl Minus, you can still copy and paste the codes. Now here comes the long and tedious step: Make sure you change the code layout so that each code looks like this:

$This is the code title
01234567 89ABCDEF
*This line describes what the code does; it is not visible in Dolphin and does not affect the game in any way.

*NOTE: Many codes have more than one line. Don't enter useless text between lines of code.

Save the document in its current location, then close Notepad. Click the 'Gecko Codes' tab. You should see a list of code names. Click the boxes next to the codes you want in order to activate them. Then click 'Close' in the bottom-right corner of the window. Finally, in the main toolbar, click the 'Config' button (picture of a wrench). The third option should say 'Enable cheats'; make sure it is enabled.

Your codes are now ready to use. Start the game and enjoy the experience!

NOTE: These instructions apply to Dolphin r6976. Older versions may not be equipped to use Gecko codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not tested it yet, but I assume it will work. They come out with the updates so quickly, it's really hard to keep up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've experienced as far as the current build is concerned (r7690), there seems to be a much more simple way of getting cheats. They aren't Action Replay, though. They're provided by Gecko.

Right click on the game and select 'Properties.' Go to the Gecko Codes tab, and click 'Download Codes (WiiRD Database)' at the bottom right corner of the window. This will download all available cheats from the Gecko database for that game. Once they are loaded up, click on the check boxes for the cheats you wish to be enabled.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I've experienced as far as the current build is concerned (r7690), there seems to be a much more simple way of getting cheats. They aren't Action Replay, though. They're provided by Gecko.

Right click on the game and select 'Properties.' Go to the Gecko Codes tab, and click 'Download Codes (WiiRD Database)' at the bottom right corner of the window. This will download all available cheats from the Gecko database for that game. Once they are loaded up, click on the check boxes for the cheats you wish to be enabled.

Hope this helps!
just added one thing from therosebride517, dont forget to check "enable cheat" on general option.. cant run the gecko if u dont check it first.. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
plz help me
1- I've got the codes and put them in simulated in the box ar codes and did those codes flashed on education and health but no effect in the game
2. opened the window Gecko codes but does not accept any additions or effects
Please provide detailed pictures of subsidized support if possible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts