Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to use it? FYI, I have a 21" tv but with no S-video input. Just the composite input(yellow, white & red cable). So how exactly do I connect my tv with the GC?

Any idea how? Also, I'm looking for cheap but reliable GC with tv-out. I wanna watch DVD and anime on my tv. It will look COOL on the tv right? Right? :(

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Zaryl said:
How to use it? FYI, I have a 21" tv but with no S-video input. Just the composite input(yellow, white & red cable). So how exactly do I connect my tv with the GC?

Any idea how? Also, I'm looking for cheap but reliable GC with tv-out. I wanna watch DVD and anime on my tv. It will look COOL on the tv right? Right? :(
You should have no trouble finding a S-Video -> Composite cable in a hardware store. Also, most video cards you can buy nowadays come with TV-Out.

As for looking cool, it depends on what you're going to use it for. Emulated console games and movies look nice, (most) PC games and regular desktop usage will look crappy.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
496 Posts
Zaryl said:

gamecube's don't run DVD's. As for the SVideo question, you can go to any local radioshack, and they'll likely have a converter. You can also get a monster cable while you're there for the gamecube. It has the composite plugin *AND* the SVideo plugin, along with the two audio plugins, all in one. But as I said, if you're hoping to watch DVD's with your Gamecube, you're gonna be dissapointed.
- Modem

·
Registered
822 Posts
The only way he would be able to pull off that GC playing DVD's is that it is the Panasonic Q, which is technically a GC with DVD support.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I think he means GraphicsCard, not GameCube

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is a small adapter you can buy (comes with most gfx cards tho) it plugs into the s-video and then splits to a composite and s-video-in. I've got a linux box setup as a media center and use the composite to connect to SCART (on my tv). You may need to check your gfx drivers to see if they support tv-out.
BTW, Im using an ATI Radeon 7000 w/tv-out only cost me 15 british pounds... works great for video, dvd etc, as long as you aint gona rely on it for games

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's the thing. I dont use it for games. Only for movies and animes. DVD too.
Sorry. I should have type Graphics card in full. :p

What about the power consumption? I mean, powering on cpu, monitor and the tv would make my electric bills go higher? Well, maybe I can turn off the monitor when I'm all done with the settings and stick with the tv. But will this use too much power? TV and cpu I mean?

Thanks again for the explanation. :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well the TV shouldn't use too much power. I mean TV's (like your 21") aren't really that power hungry. Now if it was a big 50" that's another story :laugh: If you are that worried about power bills, than I would say just shut your PC off when your not using it, and if you're using the TV to watch movies, make sure your monitor is shut off :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Zaryl said:
Yeah that's the thing. I dont use it for games. Only for movies and animes. DVD too.
Sorry. I should have type Graphics card in full. :p
Or just gfx card ;)

Zaryl said:
What about the power consumption? I mean, powering on cpu, monitor and the tv would make my electric bills go higher? Well, maybe I can turn off the monitor when I'm all done with the settings and stick with the tv. But will this use too much power? TV and cpu I mean?

Thanks again for the explanation. :)

as for power consuption, you answered to your question by yourself.

Tv is gonna consum its ammount of power, and pc is gonna do the same ;)

and why would you like to use monitor and tv? :) just turn it off.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Oh Graphics Card, ahh ok, that makes a little more sense, I have way too many acronyms running through my head that I can not distinguish between a console and a different piece of hardware. Mind you I was thinking of getting a Game Cube for the siblings so my appologies for the misinformation on the earlier post assuming it was a Game Cube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts